List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

Not sure where is best to ask this, if there’s somewhere else my apologies.

Just after some thoughts on Schoenberg. Hasn’t played yet this season - is he fit? Do you think he’ll play much if at all at senior level this year?
He's currently playing in the SANFL, returing from a serious achilles injury. By all reports, he's looking fitter than he ever has. Fingers crossed we'll see him back in the AFL side soon, but given the way our selectors think, he'll probably need for someone to drop out with their own injury.

I've given my view on this. If you want to believe we have Phil to thank for Soligo then knock yourself out.

Interesting timing though if Phil did start in 2021 - our drafting for prior 7-8 years was average at best and has had a marked uplift

Is that a change in Hamish philosophy or just a difference voice (or two) having an impact.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is the suggested interest in Hayward just a way for our list management team to save Nicks from himself?
Will we play McHenry for 20+ games this year and then delist him because we picked up Hayward? It's not like we haven't been here before...

What small/medium forward is knocking the door down?
Unfortunately as a coach sometimes you can only pick from what you’ve got

How many state games have you played this year ?? I'd be happier if we picked you up in the mid season draft than seeing ****ing Murphy and McHenry in the side.

Hi all

Not sure where is best to ask this, if there’s somewhere else my apologies.

Just after some thoughts on Schoenberg. Hasn’t played yet this season - is he fit? Do you think he’ll play much if at all at senior level this year?

I’d think he’d be back in the team shortly, and form permitting should be a mainstay in the midfield for the rest of the year

18 year olds not just in VIC. And I was just sharing that tidbit because I’d spoken to Phil that week and hadn’t realised he was doing the scouting and had been for three years. I wasn’t doing it , contrary to what Pete says, to “rub it in”. I was just sharing info that surprised me, thought it would surprise others too.
It seems very reasonable to me that she's doing scouting, and I'm sure he wasn't trying to say he was the sole scout we had out there. He's contributing to the team.

It seems very reasonable to me that she's doing scouting, and I'm sure he wasn't trying to say he was the sole scout we had out there. He's contributing to the team.
She? 🥴😜 He never said he was the sole scout. I never said he was the sole scout. He did say he’s the proudest of the ‘21 group of kids.

She? 🥴😜 He never said he was the sole scout. I never said he was the sole scout. He did say he’s the proudest of the ‘21 group of kids.

You've drawn me in one more time...

Guessing you're walking this back?

You said, Hamish was 'the Victorian scout', and now Phil is.

When Rendell was head recruiter Hamish was the Victorian scout. Now Phil is and I don’t believe he’s restricted to just one State. He was very proud of the ‘21 haul of players, and justifiably so.

Yes, you never said the words he was 'the sole scout', but come on.

You've drawn me in one more time...

Guessing you're walking this back?

You said, Hamish was 'the Victorian scout', and now Phil is.

Yes, you never said the words he was 'the sole scout', but come on.
Did you miss the bit: “and I don’t believe he’s restricted to just one State”? And I never highlighted THE or said he was the only one. Anyways, can’t be bothered conversing with someone who thinks I’m a liar.

We’re going to offer Smith and McHenry new contracts aren’t we.
On the one hand, they’re in the team, so probably. On the other, list management and selectors seem poles apart at times.

Having said that, there’s heaps of duds on the list, plenty will survive.

We’re not going to be happy regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re going to offer Smith and McHenry new contracts aren’t we.
Smith definitely. McHenry is also likely but I can see a world where McHenry is not playing regularly at the end of the season and could be delisted. McHenry has been a first team regular this year but last year he was a fringe player when we had fewer injuries, and we've got Pedlar to come back in and Murphy is back this week. I doubt McHenry, Murphy, Pedlar and Cook are all playing together so something has to give.

On balance though even if he's not playing regularly I think he gets another contract.

Then it's a list management failure, particularly with Newchurch and McAdam both leaving.

Smith definitely. McHenry is also likely but I can see a world where McHenry is not playing regularly at the end of the season and could be delisted. McHenry has been a first team regular this year but last year he was a fringe player when we had fewer injuries, and we've got Pedlar to come back in and Murphy is back this week. I doubt McHenry, Murphy, Pedlar and Cook are all playing together so something has to give.

On balance though even if he's not playing regularly I think he gets another contract.
Without looking at their stats I imagine they’re all pretty similar so (when not injured) wouldn’t you play and keep the more 2 talented ones with higher ceiling players?

Then it's a list management failure, particularly with Newchurch and McAdam both leaving.
We could probably redraft Newchurch in the MSD if you like. He even kicked a goal for North Adelaide reserves a few weeks ago.

We could probably redraft Newchurch in the MSD if you like. He even kicked a goal for North Adelaide reserves a few weeks ago.

Yeah - why bother giving Newchurch a game. Much better to keep him in the SANFL for 3 years without seeing him at AFL level.

So glad we invested those games into your boy Murphy.

In his 3 games this year he has 24 touches, no goals, no behinds, 4 tackles and one Goal Assist.

Yeah - why bother giving Newchurch a game. Much better to keep him in the SANFL for 3 years without seeing him at AFL level.

In his 3 games this year he has 24 touches, no goals, no behinds, 4 tackles and one Goal Assist.
And if we didn't rate Newchurch, fine

But why did we need a 3rd year when we could have delisted him and drafted someone else?

Dead list spot.

He might have improved from SANFL reserves standard to AFL standard if we'd played him? Probably should have then.

And if we didn't rate Newchurch, fine

But why did we need a 3rd year when we could have delisted him and drafted someone else?

Dead list spot.

I don't think we had anyone else eligible for cat B???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back