List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. He’d quite gleefully tell us where to place the offer I imagine.
It's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made. You're screwed. Thank you. Bye.

Sizzlepack did a good job of explaining a point of view.

That's a much better read than the obligatory "everyone is stupid".

I don't think there's too many idiots at any AFL clubs.
I strongly disagree. I think most AFL clubs are filled with ex players that are a bit dim.
Like having a school run by PE teachers.

I strongly disagree. I think most AFL clubs are filled with ex players that are a bit dim.
Like having a school run by PE teachers.
Or having a PE teacher as CEO.

Thanks, hope your right. As you say plenty of football still to be played.

Welsh has really dropped away. There was even a suggestion he could of been pick 1 about 12 months ago.

Yeah it's almost like we brought him to play at the club a season early and then restricted his output for some reason. I believe it will be the last time we will be allowed to do this after he wins the rising star next year.

Hopefully he is sent out with the instructions "nothing flashy at the carnival son"

Yeah it's almost like we brought him to play at the club a season early and then restricted his output for some reason. I believe it will be the last time we will be allowed to do this after he wins the rising star next year.

Hopefully he is sent out with the instructions "nothing flashy at the carnival son"

I mean, if that is actually the case we needn't have bothered. The current father son system allows clubs to match literally any bid with junk picks.

A reminder that the Bulldogs picked up Ugle-Hagan, bid on at pick #1, with six picks in the 30s and 40s. Collingwood got Daicos, bid on at pick #4, with four picks in the 30s and 40s. Hell, we used three picks in the 40s and 50s to match the Michallaney bid at pick #17.

The current system makes it dirt cheap to take father sons regardless of when the bid comes.

We told Godden to coach him like normal and this is the result 😆

I mean, if that is actually the case we needn't have bothered. The current father son system allows clubs to match literally any bid with junk picks.

A reminder that the Bulldogs picked up Ugle-Hagan, bid on at pick #1, with six picks in the 30s and 40s. Collingwood got Daicos, bid on at pick #4, with four picks in the 30s and 40s. Hell, we used three picks in the 40s and 50s to match the Michallaney bid at pick #17.

The current system makes it dirt cheap to take father sons regardless of when the bid comes.
Yes but we want to get in a pick before Welsh. If he was a top 5 pick, that's very unlikely to happen.

We should look to do everything we can and more to move up the board to:

a) make sure there's no 'tactical bids' on Welsh just before our pick. If we have a top 5-6 pick, that's a lot less likely to happen.

b) get Draper, the kid is a jet. People who are describing him as an accumulator...yes, he is. He gets a lot of the ball but also has elite speed to break from the contest, has good disposal, kicks long running goals and lifts in big moments. The more he accumulates, the better. Exactly the inside/outside midfielder we need. Hopefully he doesn't have another blinder of a carnival otherwise he could go top 3.

If Port aggressively trade up to get him a la Rozee, I'm having a massive tanty.

Doesn’t affect his on field ability but I’ve never seen any player less interested at a kids clinic (other than AirPods Lachie Hunter) than Stengle.
It was pathetic actually, stood their with hands in his pockets at a drill not interacting with the kids one bit at the gather round clinic.

Thanks, hope your right. As you say plenty of football still to be played.

Welsh has really dropped away. There was even a suggestion he could of been pick 1 about 12 months ago.
How so?

He's been playing SANFL League in a team that's been very very ordinary, the Academy game the team got pumped by the VFL team as well and in the 2 SA U18 trials it was obvious the 2 tall towers Nichols and Rosenzweig were the primary targets for some reason only known to the coaches.
Let's see how he goes this weekend against the Allies and the rest of the Nationals before we get too carried away, hopefully the coaches will make him more of a forward focus.

Anyhow I see him more as a Jake Stringer impact type forward than a KPF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but we want to get in a pick before Welsh. If he was a top 5 pick, that's very unlikely to happen.

We should look to do everything we can and more to move up the board to:

a) make sure there's no 'tactical bids' on Welsh just before our pick. If we have a top 5-6 pick, that's a lot less likely to happen.

b) get Draper, the kid is a jet. People who are describing him as an accumulator...yes, he is. He gets a lot of the ball but also has elite speed to break from the contest, has good disposal, kicks long running goals and lifts in big moments. The more he accumulates, the better. Exactly the inside/outside midfielder we need. Hopefully he doesn't have another blinder of a carnival otherwise he could go top 3.

If Port aggressively trade up to get him a la Rozee, I'm having a massive tanty.
Brenton Phillips said yesterday Draper was up their with Rankine who was the most talented junior he had seen from SA

So who are we realistically going to get?

Lukocious says he's loving it up there, Hayward told his manager he's staying so just get it done, Yeo isn't leaving Perth.

Next target?

Doubt there's anything worthwhile in the MSD, who's played a blinder against our SANFL side that we might have a hard on for?
Perryman? We did bid on him at the draft before we got Gallucci.

Last edited:
How so?

He's been playing SANFL League in a team that's been very very ordinary, the Academy game the team got pumped by the VFL team as well and in the 2 SA U18 trials it was obvious the 2 tall towers Nichols and Rosenzweig were the primary targets for some reason only known to the coaches.
Let's see how he goes this weekend against the Allies and the rest of the Nationals before we get too carried away, hopefully the coaches will make him more of a forward focus.

Anyhow I see him more as a Jake Stringer impact type forward than a KPF?
He was 191cm last year, if he grows a cm or two he'll be similar to Tex and FOG. Seems to be more a Tex type player than Stringer - strong bodied, lead up forward, excellent kick and lots of footy smarts.

Brenton Phillips said yesterday Draper was up their with Rankine who was the most talented junior he had seen from SA

Still think we are a very good chance to get Draper.

We still have to play Sydney twice, Giants, Ess, Geelong, Bris etc and all of a sudden the Weagles and Hawks games look very 50/50 without Rankine. Drop one or even both of those and we are right in the frame.

Danger will be St Kilda if they continue to spud it up and fall below us, they could easily take Draper given they had no qualms taking Phillipou and NWM.

Rich/Norf look locks for bottom 2 and they will both take the fancied Vic Metro/Country boys (Smillie/Smith/Moraes etc), after that its a bit of a raffle.

Last edited:
He was 191cm last year, if he grows a cm or two he'll be similar to Tex and FOG. Seems to be more a Tex type player than Stringer - strong bodied, lead up forward, excellent kick and lots of footy smarts.
Well Tony Bamford doesn't currently see him as KPF preferring Tallan Rosenzweig 197cm, Charlie Nicholls 197cm and Charlie West 195cm, even underager Aiden Schubert 195cm had a squirt in the Key Forward Positions in the lead up trials etc, maybe Bamford was foxing and will play him Full Forward on the weekend against the Allies but I'm not too sure about that happening.

Not sure what the status of Squad member overager Noah Howes 196cm is for the Nationals but on his SANFL League form he should be 1st cab off the rank for a Key Forward position. SA have probably the best KPF depth in the squad they've ever had and if they get enough supply they should be a real threat.

Last edited:
Cool, then we should be tanking to get him, not going as hard as we can for 9th or 10th
Think on this one with a logical take. To make finals we would realistically need to win 10 from our last 13 games. We have Sydney twice, Port in the Away showdown (still a 50-50 I suppose), Geelong in Geelong, Brisbane in Brisbane, Essendon away and the giants (who have had our number) here.

Finals aint happening unless a miracle happens. Assuming (for the purpose of this discussion) we win the following games
WCE - home
Hawks - away
Richmond - home
St Kilda - home
Hawks - home
Bulldogs - home

That would put us on 9-1-6. We would then have to win 4 of the games against those sides I noted at the top to get to finals. If we lost them all and thats not impossible to see happen either, we could finish on 9 wins and a draw which is likely a bottom 6 finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back