List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Given it looks like our list management team are determined to add experience (if rumours are true), could we possibly do so through the mid season draft? We could use two picks, so will we perhaps add a younger player and then a 25-28 year old? Any thoughts on who might fit the bill?

Yeah it's almost like we brought him to play at the club a season early and then restricted his output for some reason. I believe it will be the last time we will be allowed to do this after he wins the rising star next year.

Hopefully he is sent out with the instructions "nothing flashy at the carnival son"
He would probably also be spending most of his time in the gym.

He would probably also be spending most of his time in the gym.
I hope not too much, he's already a "manchild" and one of his absolute assets for a big strong unit is his speed.

Last year's Nationals highlights against VC.

I hope not too much, he's already a "manchild" and one of his absolute assets for a big strong unit is his speed.

Last year's Nationals highlights against VC.

gymwork is just about size and strength, it would also be preparing his body for the rigors of AFL.

Highlights package is fire!!

Well Tony Bamford doesn't currently see him as KPF preferring Tallan Rosenzweig 197cm, Charlie Nicholls 197cm and Charlie West 195cm, even underager Aiden Schubert 195cm had a squirt in the Key Forward Positions in the lead up trials etc, maybe Bamford was foxing and will play him Full Forward on the weekend against the Allies but I'm not too sure about that happening.

Not sure what the status of Squad member overager Noah Howes 196cm is for the Nationals but on his SANFL League form he should be 1st cab off the rank for a Key Forward position. SA have probably the best KPF depth in the squad they've ever had and if they get enough supply they should be a real threat.
I am a big fan of Nicholls. Can take a mark is mobile and at 197cm is a tall threat. He also kicks well

If anything Tyler should be focussing on his running.
2.9 says he has speed well covered, his defensive and tackling pressue when not in possession is also 1st class, as to his tank I'm not aware of any deficiences in that area but I guess we'll find out soon enough at the Combine.

2.9 says he has speed well covered, his defensive and tackling pressue when not in possession is also 1st class, as to his tank I'm not aware of any deficiences in that area but I guess we'll find out soon enough at the Combine.
Not talking speed. General endurance.
He looks like he's carrying puppy fat. An elite program will sort him out and it will have a massive impact on his game.

Not talking speed. General endurance.
He looks like he's carrying puppy fat. An elite program will sort him out and it will have a massive impact on his game.
TBF ....most 17 YO's are, compared to other AFL footballers .....it comes off pretty quickly in an AFL environment

1716340211159.jpeg

This is NORTH MELB we're talking about .....you just know he'll head back to Tassie ....and of course they need another 184cm half back :straining:

Tasmanian youngster Geordie Payne is believed to be firming as the No.1 pick in the AFL’s Mid-Season Rookie Draft.
SEN’s Sam Edmund is reporting that the 18-year-old could find himself at North Melbourne via next Wednesday’s mid-season draft.

While there are former AFL players such as Trent Bianco, Matt Ling, Brynn Teakle and Flynn Perez in the mix, it could be Payne who is selected first.
The North Launceston product has been starring for the Tasmanian Devils in the Coates Talent League in 2024 and his versatility as a defender who can play midfield and forward could be attractive for the Kangaroos.

“I don’t often play in this space but I’m hearing a kid from Tasmania is firming as the number one pick,” Edmund said on SEN Breakfast.

“North Melbourne have it and it could be Geordie Payne from the Tassie Devils.

“He’s a 184cm defender who is said to rate very highly in the competitive stakes. A gusty interceptor, aggressive with the ball coming back the other way and he’s got some real speed as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Tony Bamford doesn't currently see him as KPF preferring Tallan Rosenzweig 197cm, Charlie Nicholls 197cm and Charlie West 195cm, even underager Aiden Schubert 195cm had a squirt in the Key Forward Positions in the lead up trials etc, maybe Bamford was foxing and will play him Full Forward on the weekend against the Allies but I'm not too sure about that happening.

Not sure what the status of Squad member overager Noah Howes 196cm is for the Nationals but on his SANFL League form he should be 1st cab off the rank for a Key Forward position. SA have probably the best KPF depth in the squad they've ever had and if they get enough supply they should be a real threat.
This is great news. Stick Welsh very wide in the pocket and tell him to stay there for the whole carnival.

This is NORTH MELB we're talking about .....you just know he'll head back to Tassie ....and of course they need another 184cm half back :straining:

Sam Edmund obviously hasn't watched any of Geordie Payne's 2024 football because he's played mid/forward all year for the Tassie Devils and even in the Young Guns game he plyed solely forward kicking 2.3. He's much much more than a half back, Utility would best describe him, when he plays half back he plays with real dare and run and carry...rarely holds on to the footy for long before putting foot to ball.

We were one of the 3 clubs to fly down to Tassie for a meet and greet with the Payne family in the weeks before last year's draft, from memory the Kangas and Hawks the other two. Hence why I posted a while back that I thought he'd be near the top of our MSD shopping list.

In what order would you have Smillie, Hotton, Moraes, J Smith, Draper in this years draft?

Clear clear stand out top 5s yet?
I'd be waiting for Sam Lalor to get up to full fitness before committing to any order.

The Nationals start this week that's when the pecking order will likely become more obvious.

Ben Camporeale has to be shooting up draft boards on his 2024 midfield games especially if he backs that up at the Nationals and big bodied WA mid Bo Allan will be a close watch also after his early WAFL League and colts form.

Last edited:
Think on this one with a logical take. To make finals we would realistically need to win 10 from our last 13 games. We have Sydney twice, Port in the Away showdown (still a 50-50 I suppose), Geelong in Geelong, Brisbane in Brisbane, Essendon away and the giants (who have had our number) here.

Finals aint happening unless a miracle happens. Assuming (for the purpose of this discussion) we win the following games
WCE - home
Hawks - away
Richmond - home
St Kilda - home
Hawks - home
Bulldogs - home

That would put us on 9-1-6. We would then have to win 4 of the games against those sides I noted at the top to get to finals. If we lost them all and thats not impossible to see happen either, we could finish on 9 wins and a draw which is likely a bottom 6 finish.
Oh we are getting to the “ mathematically possible “ stage. I just think they need to be smart about this. There is no point finishing step higher on the ladder than we need to.

Get our gun young mid, get Tyler and see what we can trade in like Cummins because if I hear Cummins into Butts has been a great partnership I can almost not care about a flag that year.

In news that should surprise absolutely no one, we have the worst delivery to our forwards in the league. Can't believe Smithers is our clubhouse leader. Finding better ball users needs to be a priority in the offseason. Dangle big $$$ to NWM please.

View attachment 1996744

So our best kick inside 50 is the worst best kick in the league :huh:

Dawson was our best in this area last year and had a poor first 3-4 weeks so not too shocking it would be someone else for whole season stats.

Smith is a good kick going forward, most of his poor moments with ball use this year have been rebounds from defence not forward entries. Particularly the much maligned hack clearance to nobody in particular while under pressure, which he's been guilty of too often.

Being a senior player who has been fairly poor he inevitably ends up underrated on here because this is interpreted as 'absolutely useless and contributes nothing', which isn't really a fair assessment of his play. He's had some good performances, just below the level we'd like to see overall.

Dawson was our best in this area last year and had a poor first 3-4 weeks so not too shocking it would be someone else for whole season stats.

Smith is a good kick going forward, most of his poor moments with ball use this year have been rebounds from defence not forward entries. Being a senior player who has been fairly poor he inevitably ends up underrated on here because this is interpreted as 'absolutely useless and contributes nothing', which isn't really a fair assessment of his play. He's had some good performances, just below the level we'd like to see overall.
Retention is also a pretty useless stat without knowing what kind of risks are involved with the kick. For a kick to be efficient, it only needs to be >40m and to a contest. Smith makes lots of long kicks to contests i50, which probably counts positively to retention. Dawson attempts more difficult kicks to specific forwards which probably incur a slightly higher chance of a turnover despite (I assume) also having a higher expected score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back