List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel likes its going to be another offseason where we end up without improving the list, and if you're an outsider looking in seeing the decision making Nicks is making.. it's no surprise.
Yeah we’re talking a big talk when it comes to recruiting, but that’s pointless when you can’t back it up with results

Dude - there was also a short segment on one of the footy shows basically saying Rankine should have run defensively with his man until he handed over to Berry. Was highlighted in a few places.
So one incident indicates Rankine is poor defensively ....cmon dude, you're better than that

Feel likes its going to be another offseason where we end up without improving the list, and if you're an outsider looking in seeing the decision making Nicks is making.. it's no surprise.
We've been a poorly run club for ages.

Why would anyone want to come here?

Same reason no one wants to play for North Melbourne.

Watching the VFL game Footscray vs Port Melbourne....Former Pie Trent Bianco on fire deep in the 2nd quarter 18 disposals, 5 clearances, kicking exceptional, not doing his MSD chances any harm that's for sure. We could do worse than have a serious look too.

Edit: make that 19d's, 6 clearances and a goal at half time.
Sanders likes this.

Settle down, some very broad opinions here on the pecking order before a ball has even been kicked in this year's Nationals. A lot more water to go under that bridge before there is a semblance of a pecking order.
All I’m really saying is that Welsh’s range looks like being 13-25 (don’t think that’s too narrow) and I’d prefer Jagga Smith over Draper. I don’t think they’re over the top opinions and i don’t think it’s very likely that the Nationals change those opinions, unless one or more of those 3 suffers a serious injury, or their form really tanks. Smillie at number 1 I suppose could change too, but I’d be comfortable wagering on that one with his attributes, outside of a serious injury.

What are your thoughts on J Smith vs Draper at this stage? Rate them about the same or do you have a clear favourite?

Collingwood had 6 players with under 10 games last night
Even with 6 players under 10 games, their team had a total of 2440 games experience. Their team was missing 6 of their 17x 100+ game players.

Adelaide's entire list has only 2817 games between them.

Adelaide's team which played last week had a total of 2127 games, and that was almost the most experienced 22 players on our entire list.

All I’m really saying is that Welsh’s range looks like being 13-25 (don’t think that’s too narrow) and I’d prefer Jagga Smith over Draper. I don’t think they’re over the top opinions and i don’t think it’s very likely that the Nationals change those opinions, unless one or more of those 3 suffers a serious injury, or their form really tanks. Smillie at number 1 I suppose could change too, but I’d be comfortable wagering on that one with his attributes, outside of a serious injury.

What are your thoughts on J Smith vs Draper at this stage? Rate them about the same or do you have a clear favourite?
Unless we really drop off both likely gone before our pick anyhow, I'd be waiting until after the Nationals where we'll see all the top prospects pitted against their peers to better assess.You could probably add 8 - 10 top end prospects to those you've mentioned that could come into top 10 contention potentially, some names like Sam Lalor, Xavier Lindsay, Harvey Langford, Bo Allan, Taj Hotton, Tom Gross, Zak Johnson, Leonardo Lombard could all be in that conversation and I've probably missed a couple.. The way Ben Camporeale has elevated this season we could even put in a bid on him early on. And that's just the mid prospects, defender Luke Trainor looks a monty to go top 10 and another dashing medium defender Tobie Travalgia could elevate enough to be in the discussion. Logan Smith appears to be the top ruck prospect in this draft and could easily draw an early bid depending on the Nationals

You should check out Sam Lalor and Xavier Lindsay closely as well.

Last edited:
There's nothing there about poor defence ? .....you've extrapolated the comment to a meaning that suits your post

This was in April ....2 months later the same bloke (King) is lauding Rankine as potentially in the top 3 players in the AFL

There are several players whom Coaches have said, can do their own thing, and positional changes .....Dusty Martin was one ....Naicos another that has free reign, not necessarily positional freedom .....and I dare say, Rankine will be in that group

That said, I do think, if you're going to say Rachele shouldn't play in the midfield, because he's poor defensively ....and lets agree Rowey was being diplomatic ....then HTF does Crouch escape the same criticism ?

If you won’t take yourself seriously, what chance do the rest of us have

Here at Trent Bianco, we believe you have to look your best to be your best. Call in now for a free consultation with one of our highly trained Cartel stylists
Ziggy a chance then?

Perhaps a player in "Adult entertainment"

Ziggy a chance then?

Perhaps a player in "Adult entertainment"

I believe Ziggy Toledo is the name of the erotic dismount from the reverse cowgirl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we really drop off both likely gone before our pick anyhow, I'd be waiting until after the Nationals where we'll see all the top prospects pitted against their peers to better assess.You could probably add 8 - 10 top end prospects to those you've mentioned that could come into top 10 contention potentially, some names like Sam Lalor, Xavier Lindsay, Harvey Langford, Bo Allan, Taj Hotton, Tom Gross, Zak Johnson, Leonardo Lombard could all be in that conversation and I've probably missed a couple.. The way Ben Camporeale has elevated this season we could even put in a bid on him early on. And that's just the mid prospects, defender Luke Trainor looks a monty to go top 10 and another dashing medium defender Tobie Travalgia could elevate enough to be in the discussion. Logan Smith appears to be the top ruck prospect in this draft and could easily draw an early bid depending on the Nationals

You should check out Sam Lalor and Xavier Lindsay closely as well.
I definitely like Lalor and Travaglia and think both would add a lot to our side. Agree that Trainor is a monty to go top 10, and likely top 5 as he’s probably going to end up as the first tall taken in the draft.

Right now we have pick 6 and the equal hardest draw in the league coming home, so I’d say it’s pretty likely that one of Jagga or Draper is available at our pick unless we significantly improve tbh. But who knows, maybe we trade the pick. Seems like the club is hell bent on adding experience and may just be happy with Welsh plus a couple of late picks from this draft.

So frustrating watching other quality teams with rucks Who win taps to advantage and are then actually useful around the field.

RoB is not even average at either, hasn't been for at least a couple of years, and we've made effort to find a better ruckman.

We truly are a shit club - comfortable and competitive is all we want, we don't strive for excellence because that required ruthless decision making and the demand to drive it.

For those who haven’t followed Hayward or don’t know much about him—
Medium sized forward at 186cm or so, great in the air and equally good below knees, provides a lot of forward pressure off the ball, having a career year this year and appears to be peaking. Is Sydney’s leading goal kicker so far in 2024 (19). Whether he maintains this form yet to be seen, but as a 25 year old he’s at the ripe age to enter his golden window. Even on his “quiet” games, he contributes a fair bit defensive which is why he may have had whipping boy status in the past as those roles go under appreciated; this year he’s enjoyed having more freedom+supply with Heeney moving up the field and hence resulting in goals.

At the moment the crows do not have this type of player on their list, and immediately he’s an upgrade on whenever keayes plays forward, upgrade on Rachele when he’s forward (hence allowing him more midfield time where it’s becoming increasingly obvious where he’s going to end up), better in the air and better kick than pedlar (who also will eventually move into the middle). Basically is the perfect complimenting medium 3rd forward who can also apply forward pressure and make those third tall free defenders that usually carve the crows up accountable. So seems a great fit right? The question however, is what welsh turns into, who admittedly plays a little bit taller, and how that affects the look of the forward line post Tex.

Re: money, much like the cost of petrol I think everyone needs to reset expectations on what players are being paid with an increase in caps and average contracts going up. 500-600k is the new 300k average. We aren’t going to be seeing less than a dollar unleaded 95 here on in, folks.

Also as with everyone else I agree that the main focus as always should be big bodied in-out midfielders to compliment who we have already (Dawson is one, need at least another couple from somewhere).
Isn't this what Welsh will be at 189cm, good speed and mark for size

Yeah no players from the 2013 and 2014 drafts would have made our team better nor having drafted any have any positive flow on affects to this day...

I miss the days when people would put a effort into trolling, you know dress it a up a little. Everyone's going the straight Kane Cornes these days.
Yeah..we were only balls deep into Cripps in one of those drafts too..absolute dross and would have made us worse

Maybe, but that's only one component of the issue

If the bar is experience, look at us (8 100 gamers) versus Port or Sydney (14 and 15 100 gamers)

Between 2016 and 2019 we drafted just ONE player who right now is a 100 gamer (Murphy)

Port drafted four 100 gamers (Marshall, Powell-Pepper, Rozee, Butters) and brought in Burton who has played an additional 100 games for Port

Sydney drafted five 100 gamers (Florent, Hayward, McCartin, Blakey and Rowbottom)

That's almost the entire difference. Add in four more 100 gamers to our side, we're on 12 and not far off from the quoted sides.

There is no question we drafted poorly through 2014-2019. It’s the biggest thing holding our squad back. 2 more good selections in that period and we are in much better shape. Now we have to try and drag out two good picks from either clubs with cash

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With the all the talk around pick purchasing, and our apparent huge cap space, surely we could be players in that market. With the media attention it's getting, surely that is added to this years trade period.
No chance they'd rush the introduction of something like that. If it happens at all, I'd expect it to come in the year after they announce it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back