List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

he's only 197 cms and doesn't possess massive spring, so he won't ever be a full-time /1st ruck.

he is, however, super-competitive in the scramble post centre bounce

KP / 2nd ruck is most likely his bag although he also doesn't project as a great aerialist

could, though, see him as a KP Defender in that Presti-style of lock-down, disciplined approach & strong mentality

he has great spirit & attitude but maybe lacks some tools.
Never seen him play in the backline, so can't comment on any hidden attributes he may or may not have as a defender.

Last edited:
I admire the way Begg scraps at ground level but for mine his lack of marking prowess kills his prospects as a 2nd string ruck option at AFL level.

The recruitment of Eyre and required development of both him and Dean in defence probably killed any serious thought of trialing him as a KPD this year. That was probably the last chance saloon for him.

he's only 197 cms and doesn't possess massive spring, so he won't ever be a full-time /1st ruck.

he is, however, super-competitive in the scramble post centre bounce

KP / 2nd ruck is most likely his bag although he also doesn't project as a great aerialist

could, though, see him as a KP Defender in that Presti-style of lock-down, disciplined approach & strong mentality

he has great spirit & attitude but maybe lacks some tools.
A Presti style defender is no longer a thing. They've got to be good marks.

Rucks his role as follow up work is his strength.

If teakle gone by our pick hope we grab Williamstown ruckman who's name escapes me ...think he may be 29 or so.

Second pick tbh I'd be happy with ruscoe or Ned long

Fox footy reporting we will have another pick for begg
Must be having surgery then and out for the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly might seen the last of Begg at Collingwood

Where are you seeing that?

3270f71b9f2a08af20227018a410d021.jpg

3270f71b9f2a08af20227018a410d021.jpg

Damn, all the way on top of it!

Is today the last day to apply for a pick, with the draft two weeks out? I assume that's why they've made the quick decision on that.

Even if he's not out for the year, as long as someone else goes on the LTI list before Begg comes off it, that's all good.

If teakle gone by our pick hope we grab Williamstown ruckman who's name escapes me ...think he may be 29 or so.

Second pick tbh I'd be happy with ruscoe or Ned long
Downie. We won’t take him. As I said, I’d be surprised if we take a mature ager. I’ll include the additional reason that the AFL side has rucks set and forget, back-ups are pieces we can move around.

Long no guarantee. Where does he fit into addressing a list need?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another whipping boy bites the dust.
Not sure he ever made it to whipping boy status. Generally it’s a player who’s capable of playing some senior footy who would get that title.

Downie. We won’t take him. As I said, I’d be surprised if we take a mature ager. I’ll include the additional reason that the AFL side has rucks set and forget, back-ups are pieces we can move around.

Long no guarantee. Where does he fit into addressing a list need?
We have 0 fit back up rucks in the VFL and you’d be surprised if we took a mature ager who has the experience and physical maturity to play a role in the seniors if needed,

…really?

We have 0 fit back up rucks in the VFL and you’d be surprised if we took a mature ager who has the experience and physical maturity to play a role in the seniors if needed,

…really?
Yep, really. I have my reasons, happy to be proven wrong.

I wish you would just tell us sometimes. I do like reading your posts although they confuse and frustrate me sometimes
He’s got some sort of trainee/student position at the club and thinks he’s privy to our draft and trading strategy now apparently.

He’s got some sort of trainee/student position at the club and thinks he’s privy to our draft and trading strategy now apparently.
What a nasty post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back