List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

My world wouldn't crumble around me if we didn't take Teakle. i'm expecting someone out of the blue from Mr. hine

Yeah Teakle doesn’t excite me, but I’d like to have more ruck coverage and they would be far from wasted in the VFL in the meantime to help with the development of our mids.

Even if Teakle is a dud it seems we have little choice

I’m sure he’s not the only ruckman in town, but he is the only one we’ve trialled over preseason.

I’d be interested in Toby Murray or Joe Pike as much as Teakle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Murray almost seems too good, going by his highlights. i don't we are the only ones that might be interested in Teakle but i'd be more than happy with both your suggestions

Still need a Tall Forward
No one has said we don't. If there were any around, we would/will select one. Mature, decent, tall key position forwards aren't exactly in a big supply. Ever.

We at least have players who can kick goals & they're not all necessarily tall. 11-12 per game in fact.

And we actually do have players who are tall & play forward. Checkers will be back. McStay will be back. We have Reef who will be back this week. And then there's Kreuger & AJ. That's at least 4 more tall forwards in the foreseeable future than we have available rucks.

Of those we currently now only have 1 ruck. Cameron. Sure, we can use Frampton, but that's taking him out of defence, just as it's all clicking down there.

Imo, finding a ruck is the most immediate need. I don't care what his name is. If he can play this year, that would be handy.

Last edited:
Well there could have been a case for blooding a young ruck given they usually play with one ruck. Of course there’s no requirement to play two.

However, the point remains that Reidy, 23 year old, state league ruck defeated Teakle. The others he’s been defeated by are all state leaguers at best and unsurprisingly, his most dominant performance was against West Coast who had kids playing.
It's okay Smockie, we get it. You're not a fan of Teakle.

I’d be interested in Toby Murray or Joe Pike as much as Teakle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Did not mind Toby Murray when he had a Few Games for us in the VFL

On the rare occasion I agree with smockie, having watched the WAFL v SANFL Teakle was beaten fairly well by the young SANFL ruck for the most part.

He’s had decent wafl form, but level of that might be in question.

After watching the game my views changed somewhat. But it was only one game. So I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. He wasn’t necessarily poor, just beaten. As was the entire wafl team

He is over 190cm. That’s a start

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has said we don't. If there were any around, we would/will select one. Mature, decent, tall key position forwards aren't exactly in a big supply. Ever.

We at least have players who can kick goals & they're not all necessarily tall. 11-12 per game in fact.

And we actually do have players who are tall & play forward. Checkers will be back. McStay will be back. We have Reef who will be back this week. And then there's Kreuger & AJ. That's at least 4 more tall forwards in the foreseeable future than we have available rucks.

Of those we currently now only have 1 ruck. Cameron. Sure, we can use Frampton, but that's taking him out of defence, just as it's all clicking down there.

Imo, finding a ruck is the most immediate need. I don't care what his name is. If he can play this year, that would be handy.
Jacob Blight for mine but reckon he’ll long gone by our pick.

I'm picking Teakle or if not available another ruck. He is familiar with our system. He is a ruck forward which is exactly what we need to replace Cox (more of a forward then either Steene or Begg). He has nominated 18 months which suggests to me that a club has told him they will select him and to nominate 18 months to possibly scare off rivals. He trained with us preseason which suggests that we rate him more then most unlisted players.
If not Teakle or another ruck then a defender like Highmore which frees up Frampton more to play ruck/forward.
Sorry Kinder I disagree with you on this one. Teakle will be selected by us if he is not taken before our pick. He might even play Friday if we want to play Frampton back and we don't trust Kreuger or Johnson in the ruck.

I'm new as here and haven't caught up on all the talks but I'm a bit too excited for MSD and wanted to jump in.
What's everyone's ideal haul? I'm praying we get Hutchinson & Pike but not too sure how much I rate our chances of getting them both, wouldn't mind Ajang Kuol Mun or Brynn Teakle either.

I'm new as here and haven't caught up on all the talks but I'm a bit too excited for MSD and wanted to jump in.
What's everyone's ideal haul? I'm praying we get Hutchinson & Pike but not too sure how much I rate our chances of getting them both, wouldn't mind Ajang Kuol Mun or Brynn Teakle either.
it's a yes on all 4 for me. I get the feeling we like hutchy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back