MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Webster's action was graded by match review officer Michael Christian as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact.

St Kilda's lawyer Adrian Anderson, the AFL's former football operations boss, noted any previous bans of four games or more had been classed as intentional rather than careless.

"What is proposed is a massive, sudden shift in sanction that is out of whack with the evolution over time," Anderson said.

"There is a very significant line between intentional and careless.

"(Gaff's hit on Brayshaw) is in a different category.

"It's not necessary to pick him (Webster) out and pick a sanction that is out of whack to get a message through."

the oxygen thief Christian did not make it easy for the prosecution with his grading of careless conduct, if i saw him in the street and cracked him in the head i wonder if he would deem my action to be careless?

but we find that he did form an intention, albeit at the last minute, to bump Simpkin.
i have been making jokes, but that's actaully f*cking insane.

then IT WAS INTENTIONAL. That's what the f*cking word means. He INTENDED to bump. So it should be graded AS THAT.

Good news that the Tribunal is taking this sort of stuff seriously now and the rest of the league is on notice - you bump and hit the head and its lots of weeks - everyone is warned.

From the sounds of it, St Kilda have been keeping in touch with Simpkin as they should ad hopefully the lad is ok and has no lasting effects

The (very long) reasons for the seven-match ban via Chair Jeff Gleeson:

The rough conduct was extremely careless. Webster did not intend to commit a reportable offence, but we find that he did form an intention, albeit at the last minute, to bump Simpkin.

View attachment 1920282
I find this reasoning laughable. There is no doubt whatsoever that he intended to commit a reportable offence.

Good news that the Tribunal is taking this sort of stuff seriously now and the rest of the league is on notice - you bump and hit the head and its lots of weeks - everyone is warned.

From the sounds of it, St Kilda have been keeping in touch with Simpkin as they should ad hopefully the lad is ok and has no lasting effects
Till Bont , daicos ect do it

I think 7 is fair.

At the end of the day the action was still a “bump” …. Which is a footy action ( albeit horribly executed) . You could argue he had intent to do damage and maybe not knock him out? …. imo

8,10 weeks stuff should be for king-hits via behind the play punches , elbows etc ( eg plugger on Caven, Barry hall etc)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL360 is such a wankfest.

Sympathy for Jimmy ********** LOL

Is Cripps a moron? I feel sorry for him, he would have been taught that as a kid….. WTF!

Are kids being taught to hit a player in a vulnerable position late with the intention to cause harm?

Cripps said you are taught to play the man tough and hard, that action is not tough and hard, it’s actually weak and cowardly.

Probably speaks volumes of Cripps and matches the action he committed on Ah Chee. Loves the cheap snipe.

Respect Cripps for his toughness over the footy, but going by those comments and past actions has a bit of dirty prick about him.

Respect Cripps for his toughness over the footy, but going by those comments and past actions has a bit of dirty prick about him.
TBF any time I see a player in a Carltank top, I think that

Is Cripps a moron? I feel sorry for hi. He would have been taught that as a kid….. WTF!

Are kids being taught to hit a player in a vulnerable position late with the intention to cause harm?

Cripps said you are taught to play the man tough and hard, that action is not tough and hard, it’s actually weak and cowardly.

Probably speaks volumes of Cripps and matches the action he committed on Ah Chee. Loves the cheap snipe.

Bet he wasn’t saying that when ziebs ironed out that Carlton flog many moons ago

'The St Kilda FC condemns the violent conduct of one of our players towards a fellow professional. It was clearly unacceptable, and we offer no defence.

St Kilda FC will not wait for an AFL response. We will show leadership on the issue of concussion.

Given our commitment to minimising the risk of player head injuries, as all of our players understand, the St Kilda FC will stand down player Webster for the rest of the season. A heavy penalty, weighed down by the fact this was a pre-season game.

Player Webster must undergo counselling, and possible gelding, depending how he responds to treatment, before again being given the privilege of earning a St Kilda jumper.'

Instead they tried to argue the penalty down.

Is Cripps a moron? I feel sorry for him, he would have been taught that as a kid….. WTF!

Someone save that and when the next bluws player is sniped - it can be used as a defence

I think 7 is fair.

At the end of the day the action was still a “bump” …. Which is a footy action ( albeit horribly executed) . You could argue he had intent to do damage and maybe not knock him out? …. imo

8,10 weeks stuff should be for king-hits via behind the play punches , elbows etc ( eg plugger on Caven, Barry hall etc)
In normal passages of play I’d agree, but he lined him up from a long way out, on the boundry. Weak as it comes.

Webster's action was graded by match review officer Michael Christian as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact.

St Kilda's lawyer Adrian Anderson, the AFL's former football operations boss, noted any previous bans of four games or more had been classed as intentional rather than careless.

"What is proposed is a massive, sudden shift in sanction that is out of whack with the evolution over time," Anderson said.

"There is a very significant line between intentional and careless.

"(Gaff's hit on Brayshaw) is in a different category.

"It's not necessary to pick him (Webster) out and pick a sanction that is out of whack to get a message through."

the oxygen thief Christian did not make it easy for the prosecution with his grading of careless conduct, if i saw him in the street and cracked him in the head i wonder if he would deem my action to be careless?
Seeing it live, and then on replay, I have no idea how this couldn't be deemed intentional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back