Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Gov doesn't own a defensive bone in his body. He is not the issue defensively.
Credit to Saad - he has worked hard on his defensive game since joining us and has improved way beyond my expectations.
Saying we need Gov back to stop the opposition scoring is laughable. Zac Williams is a liability in defence currently and I wouldn't be against dropping him for Cincotta.

Last edited:
Williams is pretty sloppy and takes a lot of risks for a defender. Would love him trialled as a small forward.

Williams best football is as a midfielder.

Put him on a Wing replacing Hollands and let him run. Can help defence but also push forward.

Cincotta in to defence with Newman Boyd & Cowan with Cerra helping.

Most times it's about having the IQ and or speed to shut down an outlet or option

When the Cats broke the first line of our defensive press in our forward half, mids and defenders were in poor defensive positions and or couldn't bridge the space to Cats outlets

Let’s go to the numbers!

Cats, 17th for uncontested marks.
Cats, 1st for long kicks, mostly down the wings.
They go direct and long.

Our clearance numbers:
1st for scores from clearances in the last few weeks.
2nd for scores against in clearances for the last few weeks.

Gov and Saad help with the down the line issue we had on the weekend and the ability to sweep up when our mids become front runners (this concerns me more).

Let’s not get to excited about Defloggy and Mitchell missing.

Mitchell IMO not best 23 and Jordies been only going last few weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah De Goey is a big out. He’s their big bodied mid, especially if Mitchell isn’t playing. He’s the sort of guy that can take the game by the scruff off the neck and run with it

DeGoey hasn't set the world on fire this year but it is definitely an advantage for us that he's missing.
I think Mitchell is cooked but with him out, they need to go 2 more players deeper into midfield list and it will certainly hurt their contested work.

With Cerra coming back in, it is really on the mids/wingers to take control of this one. I expect our bigger bodies to stay on top on the inside.
Their wings have caused us grief over the last couple of years. Sidebottom seems to turn back the clock against us and J. Daicos is a good player.

Win the midfield gives Charlie/H/TDK good supply and win the game from there.

Cripps Kennedy and Hewitt will bash Daicos from pillar to post this week.

Hoping for some midfield dominance and plenty of supply to our forward line.

Need to clean up our entries though. No more bombing it to Charlie out numbered.

Cerra will help with our delivery in there

I did hear that. He ripped them after the game as well…

I believe there were 8 examples of midfielders front running which cost goals. Vossy was pissed!

I don't know details but apparently he was very angry about lack of effort (at times) across the whole ground and how some players went away from "Team" defence and rules.

One person told me the coaches thought it was our worst effort of the year

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams best football is as a midfielder.

Put him on a Wing replacing Hollands and let him run. Can help defence but also push forward.

Cincotta in to defence with Newman Boyd & Cowan with Cerra helping.
I think a wing needs to be able to run more than 12kms a game. Zac doesn't have the tank for wing.

Don't mind that. Hollands needs to take a break.

I worry about Ollie Hollands. Most people noticing he's too light early in the game when the game is hot. His frame doesn't look like one where he will naturally put on a lot of weight - at least not for the next 3-4 years.

He's possibly a perfect sub to inject late in the game like we did against Melbourne in the final but not sure of his ability to play 120 mins ??

I did hear that. He ripped them after the game as well…

I believe there were 8 examples of midfielders front running which cost goals. Vossy was pissed!
Good, the performance against Geelong was appalling, and lacked premiership intent. The lacsidaisical goal kicking and absence of defensive pressure will lead to preliminary final and grandfinal losses. I don't want the pain of finishing runner up because of lazy football.

I worry about Ollie Hollands. Most people noticing he's too light early in the game when the game is hot. His frame doesn't look like one where he will naturally put on a lot of weight - at least not for the next 3-4 years.

He's possibly a perfect sub to inject late in the game like we did against Melbourne in the final but not sure of his ability to play 120 mins ??

I'm not worried. There are a lot of "lean" players that play today and are guns. He's just young and finding his way. Patience

You would know soap. With Ollie doing sfa, this does make a lot of sense.

I've mentioned it before but Williams professionalism over last 12 months has been the highest level. He is as fit as ever and is a very good endurance runner. He's not a Cottrell but he's up with Walsh Cerra etc

Go look at his finals series for GWS a few years ago as a mid. His workrate and repeat efforts were impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back