Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Easier to do this when you’ve got the pace (and experience) of Gov and Saad. They can cover so much more ground than their replacements Young and Cowan.
Trust issues as well, no faith in the weak links to do it but they need to learn to because we stopped so many over the top goals before they got there doing exactly that last year it's what made us a top side.

Does he? I don't see it

Won’t know unless we give it a go

I don’t think he fits into our back 7….2 years of missing games has meant we’ve moved on without him

I think he could stick a tackle and find a goal or 2 playing further up the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won’t know unless we give it a go

I don’t think he fits into our back 7….2 years of missing games has meant we’ve moved on without him

I think he could stick a tackle and find a goal or 2 playing further up the ground

That's not X factor. I like Williams as a player but I don't see him as an "X Factor" player

We'll continue to struggle defensively until one or both Gov and Saad return

Boyd needs to play traditional HB and Cowan deeper

We probably see Cerra spending more time around HB this week
Gov doesn't own a defensive bone in his body. He is not the issue defensively.
Credit to Saad - he has worked hard on his defensive game since joining us and has improved way beyond my expectations.

Gov doesn't own a defensive bone in his body. He is not the issue defensively.
Credit to Saad - he has worked hard on his defensive game since joining us and has improved way beyond my expectations.

Most times it's about having the IQ and or speed to shut down an outlet or option

When the Cats broke the first line of our defensive press in our forward half, mids and defenders were in poor defensive positions and or couldn't bridge the space to Cats outlets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most times it's about having the IQ and or speed to shut down an outlet or option

When the Cats broke the first line of our defensive press in our forward half, mids and defenders were in poor defensive positions and or couldn't bridge the space to Cats outlets

I just feel like this is more a midfield issue in some regards. The defenders are doing the correct thing at times, pressing up to slow the speed of the movement and hoping the cover appears behind them. I just felt like the forwards and mids just let the ball release from the forward half too easily.
There were a few moment when defenders pressed up and completely miss judging their ability to get to the contest. (Williams seemed to do this a number of times)

I just feel like this is more a midfield issue in some regards. The defenders are doing the correct thing at times, pressing up to slow the speed of the movement and hoping the cover appears behind them. I just felt like the forwards and mids just let the ball release from the forward half too easily.
There were a few moment when defenders pressed up and completely miss judging their ability to get to the contest. (Williams seemed to do this a number of times)
Williams is pretty sloppy and takes a lot of risks for a defender. Would love him trialled as a small forward.

Williams is pretty sloppy and takes a lot of risks for a defender. Would love him trialled as a small forward.
Yes, but not this week. Without Saady, we need his run out of d50. Reckon Vossy pulls him aside this week and gives him a real rev. I expect to see a lot more commitment, decisiveness and accountability from Zac this week.

There's a great opportunity to knock the reigning premiers down a peg or two here.

A win for us will also seriously damage the Pies top four hopes as well.
Yes but if we win the Pies fans and a lot of the Main Board in general will say we only beat them because of their injuries and our injuries are only to VFA grade spuds so they don't matter 🙄

There's a serious mental malaise in regards to us from opposition fans.

Yes but if we win the Pies fans and a lot of the Main Board in general will say we only beat them because of their injuries and our injuries are only to VFA grade spuds so they don't matter 🙄

There's a serious mental malaise in regards to us from opposition fans.
That's because they know we're on our way back as a force to be reckoned with mate.;)

As for Pies fans bleating on about injuries well that wouldn't fly with me.

No other club in the league has had worse luck than us on the injuries front.

Gov didn't do much to curb that against Adelaide.

It's a team mindset/discipline thing.

We may have been lucky enought to get a box invite for this weekend. So I may have 3 x GA membership upgrade tickets available. They are in the nose bleeds in Q1 Y.

I will know for sure late tomorrow / early Friday latest.

PM me if interested. Not looking for any money for them, but if 3 people can go who otherwise couldn't, that would be great.

Box may fall through so no guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back