Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Odd fixturing, I know we have a lot of Greek supporters (my Mrs family is Greek and my FIL is a Blue) and a lot of them will be off to church tonight for Orthodox Good Friday or preparing for the Easter family get togethers over the weekend so a lot won't go to the game physically.

Remember when we used to always play them around round 3, so interesting how over the last few years our games vs them and * have been pushed back more toward the middle of the season. Possibly to keep up appeal and attendance during the colder months where less are less inclined to go to a lesser game on a cold dreary night.

Don’t worry, the Catholics will be there in droves…

Remember when we used to always play them around round 3, so interesting how over the last few years our games vs them and * have been pushed back more toward the middle of the season. Possibly to keep up appeal and attendance during the colder months where less are less inclined to go to a lesser game on a cold dreary night.
I think we got them in Round 3 in 2012 :think:, beat them by about 10 goals and were premiership favourites and then ran into a juiced up Essendon the following week.

What is the weather like down there in Melbourne ?

Any chance of a record breaking home and away crowd ?
I think there is every chance there will be a record crowd tonight!!! I had the Club email me earlier in the week saying that if I didn't want my ticket then could I please return it so another Member could use it. That has NEVER happened to me before and is an indication that the crowd will be MASSIVE!!! Can't wait!

Rumour circulating that Josh Daicos is out, don’t know if there is any cred

Agree with Kemp.
To a degree, I think he's been played in a role his unsuited to. Despite his height, I think he's better as more a traditional flanker that has some capacity to intercept rather than playing as a tall.
His time will come.

I think Kemp currently lacks the experience and know-how, to play on 3rd talls, or on monster forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brain lapses is what they are, poor kicking is not a brain lapse, it’s a skill error, HUGE difference.

Kemp is/was playing because of player injuries, nothing more, nothing less.

Harsh is the language coming out of Voss, why, because that’s what’s required to be a premiership contender.

DC is quality and 2nd to only Martin in terms small/med forward, the others are fighting for 1 spot…
Huge Difference, still costs you a goal and the game. If he was causing 3-4 goal turn overs every week, yes, but he's not.

I think there is every chance there will be a record crowd tonight!!! I had the Club email me earlier in the week saying that if I didn't want my ticket then could I please return it so another Member could use it. That has NEVER happened to me before and is an indication that the crowd will be MASSIVE!!! Can't wait!

I have been getting those emails for home games.

He is player with X factor that has been doing his job (and others jobs) this year.

Coaches love him and has the ability to do freakish things. If he’s fit, he plays. Full Stop…

Why are soooo many people hung up on the Kemp call??? If we just look at the old ‘horses for courses’ line, the Pies have deadly smalls so why would you play him?? He is also prone to huge brain lapses which always turn into goals against.

Kemp is a depth player until he sorts out the above.

No passengers this year thank you very much…

Cuners can get injured at any time, so may as well play him when fit.

I heard Hoyne go on about our defensive problems last three weeks -- personally I thought Nth was our worst defensive game we give up a lot of easy goals against them even with saad McGovern weitering in side only really missing Walsh ..

We still need to sort out our press as we did after Ed's camp last year -- proved we can do it last year but still very clunky this season.. we had kept Richmond Brisbane score low even though didn't dominate contest pointing to me we not set up properly behind unless we on the back foot already ..

Defensive problems all year really, especially last 3 weeks.

The Freo one was where we defended best but that was largely because they can’t score heavily and were trying to stop us primarily.

I think we have spent most of all our games behind except the north one as well.

We do need to lift and pull our fingers out.

Just that Wobblers listing Murphy as a missing player for our clash is equivalent to us missing someone like Saad etc. I get he's still technically listed but ultimately he's still out of the game forever and can't in good faith be considered part of their injury excuses. Just IMO though. These same Pie fans are quick to pot our outs as VFA spuds so I'm not feeling charitable.

Saad will be back though, Murphy won’t be

Perhaps similar to Doch or JSOS. They're not factoring into 2024 discussions so it's pointless to list them as outs.

Murphy and perhaps McStay fall into the same camp.

Martin, Motlop, Saad, McGovern all fall into the key outs camp. Cerra did until this week. Fogarty arguably does too.

Really they're just missing DeGoey and a now-fringe player in Mitchell.

McStay will be back though, as will Doch and JSOS, Murphy won’t be.

Collingwood board saying this also.
Love it to be true! About time the luck gods were our side and things,injuries and even the umps went our way for a change!
Funny how all the Pies fans have been extremely quiet on social media platforms,friends and family. Haha they can smell what's coming their way!
Screw the filthy mongrels,i hope we take this game by the scruff of the neck and win it with ease.
LFG Blues💙💙💙

I'm really keen to see how E Hollands goes tonight. First big rivalry game infront of a home crowd at the G. I think he can go to another level.

Going the large chicken pizza with fresh prawns, capsicum, mushies, fresh tomato, red onions, jalapenos, & smashed with chillie flakes on a garlic base.

Gunna make it at my mobster mates Pizza place on Hindley in about half an hour.

Then off to Thirsty Camel for a box of SuperDry’s.

Just keeping it basic, very focussed, eye on the prize stuff.😎👍

Very excited but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back