Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It has been some time since he last played Senior footy and it takes time to adjust. Reckon he'll be better for the run.

Yeah honestly first quarter was a bit shaky but after that used the ball well and marked his man well. I expected the slow start for him VFL speed is not AFL and it takes a bit to adjust

Hoping someone with SCG Seating knowledge can help. I have booked last minute tickets for my daughter (8) and I to head up Friday night. We have Restricted View seats, as I was just wanting to get admission locked in. The tickets have come through and are Bay 11, row Z (right against concrete wall). Does anyone know if we would actually be able to see from here, or alternatively, if there is nearby standing room we could utilis instead?

With the new renovations there is no such thing as “restricted view” at the SCG unless it’s for cricket (behind side screen). Those seats are nice just a small tip though the weather does drop in Sydney so whatever you wear to the game take something else you may need it at halftime or after the game

Great, does that apply all day on game day, or just within a certain timeframe of the game?

All game day EXCEPT the airport to the city which is a flat rate forget what it is think it’s around $20 for an adult and $10 ish for a child.

With the new renovations there is no such thing as “restricted view” at the SCG unless it’s for cricket (behind side screen). Those seats are nice just a small tip though the weather does drop in Sydney so whatever you wear to the game take something else you may need it at halftime or after the game
I will have the beer jacket on, but noted for my daughter!

I will have the beer jacket on, but noted for my daughter!

Yep was more talking about her, last thing you want is her to be cold. In terms of dinner it’s up to you there are restaurants all within walking distance and cafes but you can also bring your own. There’s the usual ground food but there’s some nice healthy options inside now

Yeah honestly first quarter was a bit shaky but after that used the ball well and marked his man well. I expected the slow start for him VFL speed is not AFL and it takes a bit to adjust
I was at the Swans cheer squad end during the Freo match so was keeping an eye on Francis. As everyone has mentioned he did look nervous & rusty especially in the first quarter, but Rampe, Melican & co were all supportive. He seemed to play with more confidence in the second half.

But thank god Rampe was there with his leadership, directing everyone where to go etc.

I was at the Swans cheer squad end during the Freo match so was keeping an eye on Francis. As everyone has mentioned he did look nervous & rusty especially in the first quarter, but Rampe, Melican & co were all supportive. He seemed to play with more confidence in the second half.

But thank god Rampe was there with his leadership, directing everyone where to go etc.

Yeah same was at the game had a conference in Perth on Saturday and Sunday so went to the game Friday your thoughts are exactly mine on Francis on Friday

We might be relying on him quite a bit this year. Let's hope he can build some confidence and form.

I'd be looking to beat Blues firstly at the contest, secondly with team defence, force turnovers, and hit them on the rebound. Hence we need to put out our best contested side, that also transitions with most speed and skill. Hence my changes:
In Parker
Out Francis (Fox into 22)
Sub Roberts
I'm not sure we change too much in terms of the midfield. But I can see the sense of bringing Fox in, even as a forward, in case we need the extra help down back at some point. And I think we keep Francis for his height.

E.g.

Out: Roberts
In: Fox
Sub: Campbell, Roberts or even a fresh Parker to throw in late (though we'd have to reshuffle if he had to come in early)

Not quite.

Bay 1 in the bill o reilly up the top, rows roughly P back, the screen blocks the goals at the Bradman end. You miss it entirely.

Bay 310 upper trumper, selected rows at the back, the roof of the bill o reilly obstructs your view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite.

Bay 1 in the bill o reilly up the top, rows roughly P back, the screen blocks the goals at the Bradman end. You miss it entirely.

Bay 310 upper trumper, selected rows at the back, the roof of the bill o reilly obstructs your view

Fair, I never sit in the O'Reily stand though, Trumper stand is fine but you are right the far right corner is so called restricted to a degree

Hoping someone with SCG Seating knowledge can help. I have booked last minute tickets for my daughter (8) and I to head up Friday night. We have Restricted View seats, as I was just wanting to get admission locked in. The tickets have come through and are Bay 11, row Z (right against concrete wall). Does anyone know if we would actually be able to see from here, or alternatively, if there is nearby standing room we could utilis instead?
I don't think you'll have any issues with the view, but if you do, you are just around from general admission which has great vision either seated or standing behind.
I'd get there as early as possible and check your seats out, if you're not overly happy, move around to general admission.

My worry with Carlton is their clearances. They are so good at it and we are, well the opposite of good at it. If we give them too much ball, too many opportunities to pump it forward to their talls we are going to really struggle.

My worry with Carlton is their clearances. They are so good at it and we are, well the opposite of good at it. If we give them too much ball, too many opportunities to pump it forward to their talls we are going to really struggle.

Their mids are slow and aside from George and Walsh have no interest in chasing. Our fellas will give them wind burn.

It is also interesting how forgiving people are of McCartin when he makes the same mistakes. McCartin is good, but Francis is also good. They both make mistakes, but they are both capable of great games as well. McCartin is maybe better in a 1-on-1, but I believe that Francis is probably better intercepting.
Francis is a pretty good marker/interceptor, but I think Tmac is better. The big difference is their closing speed, Tmac is clearly faster than Francis.

True, but if they get the ball first they have no reason to chase.
This is the one major worry with Carlton. If they absolutely smash us in the clearances then we'll have a tough time cutting off the ball to Curnow and McKay.

If we can get close to even though I think we'll be too quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back