Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly certain Luke had a lower limb injury, hamstring if I am correct? Why does his upper body seemed to have completely atrophied? From the recent nmfc video his body composition is not looking up to AFL defenders standard, he looks quite small.

If I see players training with pt's and what not over the off-season, as an accredited exercise scientist and physiologist - should I volunteer my time to the club during this period?
if you have the time, I can't think of a much more valuable volunteer.

I'm fairly certain Luke had a lower limb injury, hamstring if I am correct? Why does his upper body seemed to have completely atrophied? From the recent nmfc video his body composition is not looking up to AFL defenders standard, he looks quite small.

If I see players training with pt's and what not over the off-season, as an accredited exercise scientist and physiologist - should I volunteer my time to the club during this period?

May as well do Turner and Garner whilst you are down there.

if this guy has a Bont like season as far as leadership and performance goes, in collaboration with the way he speaks, Ziebell shouldnt think captaincy is deserved upon him in the next five or so years

Luke is very much a supporter living the dream of playing for North.
I just hope he continues to develop and push himself further, so that sustained success is reached.
He needs to become a grade if we are to become any good

Luke is very much a supporter living the dream of playing for North.
I just hope he continues to develop and push himself further, so that sustained success is reached.
He needs to become a grade if we are to become any good

It needs to burn in his guts that people are writing us off.

He would be the biggest leader in the first to fourth years. He needs to take them with him.

Also has to play midfield.

His language is more positive than is typical from some of the others.

We will be playing finals next year, Luke says this and that belief is great to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest thing about that interview for me is that he's not a boy any more. He's grown up, believes he belongs, and wants to be a leader on the field. Maybe prior to this year he didn't think that way. I think the hardship this year will have given him some perspective that could make him a much better player from now onwards. Could surprise many next year outside of the club.

Bittersweet watching Josh Kelly transform into an elite player and dominate - considering both being in the same draft pool.

I understand LMac has had to develop his defensive game, and contend for senior spots with experienced players - but I really hope the exit of players will force players like him to take their game to a new level. I'd really like to see Luke develop his game into something that contends with the elite of GWS.

Where does Luke play now and where can we see him heading?

Patrick Cripps at 13 in same draft.

Ouch.

Still, LMac has shown significant improvement and was unlucky with injury this year.

Hopefully he can continue an upwards spiral to become genuine quality, and not flatten out like some of our other talented players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back