Delisted #24: Craig Bird - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

the 3 what? as in best on ground... wouldn't have rated in the top 5 essendon players i wouldn't have thought.
Jesus mate go and watch the replay.

Was easily BOG.

Okay Craig, time to get off bigfooty mate... he wouldn't be in the top 3 best players... was good, without being great simple.

did not player better then Joe, Hurley, Zach Merrett
Lol are you kidding? Did you even watch the game?

He gave us some desperation and aggression around congested stoppages, throwing himself about with tackles, bumps, smothers etc. Probably better in this area than Jobe. Jobe has him covered as soon as we win the ball and especially moving it up the ground...normally far more creative.
This is all true... team balance is a funny thing though. I felt we looked more complete as a unit with Bird.

Not suggesting Jobe stays out but wonder if they'll find a spot for him somehow.

This is all true... team balance is a funny thing though. I felt we looked more complete as a unit with Bird.

Not suggesting Jobe stays out but wonder if they'll find a spot for him somehow.
Yeah..I hear you. I am the same with Green and our fwd line. It is working really well compared to the past I do not want that messed with.

Probably gonna hand in a trade request at the end of the season and can't blame him. His treatment has been nothing short of a disgrace.

I don't mind it if it means we have multiple 1st round picks.
If Dangerfield was worth a 1st and 2nd and a spud then I think Bird is probably at least worth a 1st and 2nd.

Like who?
Parish will move from part time mid to full time mid. Langford is clearly being groomed for a mid role in the VFL and at the level has played just as good or better than Bird. Laverde if fit in a similar position to Langford a forward that needs to transition to mid. Begley can certainly develop as a mid although he is probably a few years off.
We will either trade/free agency for a inside mid (Rockliff/Hopper/Jones) or draft one with our first pick.

Parish will move from part time mid to full time mid. Langford is clearly being groomed for a mid role in the VFL and at the level has played just as good or better than Bird. Laverde if fit in a similar position to Langford a forward that needs to transition to mid. Begley can certainly develop as a mid although he is probably a few years off.
We will either trade/free agency for a inside mid (Rockliff/Hopper/Jones) or draft one with our first pick.
I think he might be pulling your leg.

Parish will continue to play his HF/Mid role, either way Bird can fill either of those 2 roles. Laverde will come in probably for the expense of Green and lets be honest he's being groomed as a forward so won't pass Bird as a mid.

Watson likely retiring opens up a spot and neither Langford or Begley has gone past Bird yet.
I think he might be pulling your leg.
WTF is it with buzz kills in this thread?

Back