AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Should play him on Dangerfield when Danger plays in the middle.

He'll blow him up but if we're fair dinkum about him spending at least some time in the middle he's got to learn from the blokes we're hoping he's going to emulate

Should play him on Dangerfield when Danger plays in the middle.

He'll blow him up but if we're fair dinkum about him spending at least some time in the middle he's got to learn from the blokes we're hoping he's going to emulate
Dusty in a couple of weeks as well.

Another out for the week by the sounds of it.

Perfect situation for Langford to play in the position he looks most natural in, or y'know play Baguley out of the square.

Perfect situation for Langford to play in the position he looks most natural in, or y'know play Baguley out of the square.

This post has me incensed because I'm worried that its actually what's going to happen. This Baguley playing forward bullshit has to be the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. As if we need to develop a 31 year old mediocre player in a new position instead of trying out young talent that has been performing in the VFL. Its symptomatic of terrible development.

Sides like Geelong and Sydney have been able to get more games into their youth than us, whilst being better sides and with less access to lower picks. The only thing that even makes us look respectable was getting a full season out of McGrath last year and he was a bloody number 1 pick.

This post has me incensed because I'm worried that its actually what's going to happen. This Baguley playing forward bullshit has to be the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. As if we need to develop a 31 year old mediocre player in a new position instead of trying out young talent that has been performing in the VFL. Its symptomatic of terrible development.

Sides like Geelong and Sydney have been able to get more games into their youth than us, whilst being better sides and with less access to lower picks. The only thing that even makes us look respectable was getting a full season out of McGrath last year and he was a bloody number 1 pick.

The problem I see is that we have a 8-12 on the ladder list and the coaching staff are trying to squeeze every last drop out of it. Rather than bringing in young kids who may develop and take the list to a 1-4 list, the coaching staff are trying to grab an extra win or 2 here and there by continually going back to experienced players. It’s been our way since 2000 really. It’s great to see Ridley and Clarke debuting, Guelfi and Mutch having a few games and Laverde getting an extended run. I can’t understand why Langford doesn’t get picked week in, week out, so we can work out if he’s what we’re after or if we move on from him. I hope all the 6 mentioned above, plus a few others get to play 6-10 games each from here on in, in their natural positions and we might find a player or 2. The alternative is to push forward with j Merrett, baguley, Myers and co who we already know aren’t good enough to take us to the level we need to be at to compete for a flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously don’t watch the games very closely then. Comfortably been our best forward this year

What? Stewart been better, more creative and more goals. He’s been rubbish last few weeks especially

You obviously don’t watch the games very closely then. Comfortably been our best forward this year

Yeah, disagree with that. He's tied for goals with Stewart, except Stewart actually leads up and down the ground all game. Granted most of that is to no avail, but at least the effort is there. Stringer doesn't work half as hard, and even Shaun McKernan made him look shithouse on the weekend because he refuses to put in the work. We've recruited a slightly larger version of Josh Green; happy to get on the end of a chain to kick a goal or collect a cheapie out the back, but * actually leading and presenting a target.

Agree, very surprised he kept his spot.

Correction, Jimmy has even kicked 3 more goals than him...

Please, continue.
Well that kind of sums him up doesn't it? He is so overrated. People expect too much of him - and ''The Package'' nickname probably has something to do with that.

He will always be lazy. Will have a good couple of bursts here and there. Maybe finish well or get you a goal at crucial moments. But that's about it. Don't expect to do well as a team if you depend on him as your premier forward.

Just quoting because I can't like enough.

Well that kind of sums him up doesn't it? He is so overrated. People expect too much of him - and ''The Package'' nickname probably has something to do with that.

He will always be lazy. Will have a good couple of bursts here and there. Maybe finish well or get you a goal at crucial moments. But that's about it. Don't expect to do well as a team if you depend on him as your premier forward.

That's all well and good, but with all due respect, don't you have anything better to do?

Have you just got a big world cup style sweepstakes drum and pulled out '13th best player' 'lazy' and 'Essendon' and gone, 'Yep, this is an appropriate use of my Thursday night'?

Well he's no Chis Mayne that's for sure, and thankfully he's not our premier forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back