Preview Round 9 - Brisbane vs Essendon - Saturday 13th May 7:25 PM @ The Gabba

Who will win?

• Essendon

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Joey D will sit on the fence at some point during the game.

Votes: 19 35.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Horne-Francis was said to be the same. So were Jamarra, Rowell and Walsh. Obviously the jury is still out on JHF but Walsh is pretty much the only #1 pick of the past 20 years that you'd look at the draft and still have at #1. Even if they look like superstars amongst their peers you have no idea whether that continues into senior football.

And yeah, you say Reid is a level above that, but what if it's the case that his peers are a level below what JHF had?
The jury is still out on JHF, come on mate have you been watching this year?
He’s been incredible for port. Yes he’s been down some games but he’s playing as an inside bull at 19. Imagine what he’s going to be at 24/25.

Yeh right… we’ll that’s not correct
Cadman - not ready made
Jamarra - not ready made
Rayner - not ready made
Mcgrath - not ready made
Walsh - not ready made
Mccartin - not ready made
Boyd - not ready made
Whitfield - not ready made
Yes some of those were not ready made. But people claimed they were prior to getting drafted.

Yes some of those were not ready made. But people claimed they were prior to getting drafted.
Who of those was been claimed as ready made?
ready made they can play afl from day 1. Plenty of draftees can be slotted onto a wing or back or forward pocket to ease them into afl footy. Say Mcgrath, but the goal at the time was to play him inside mid, that took him 4 years to build his body. Reid could go and play onball for an afl side tomorrow, yet he’s versatile enough to play forward/ backline with presence. But probably the most exciting thing was he probably would’ve gone number 1 in 2022 as a 17yo if available, that’s why there’s so much hype about him.

I think from memory the bombers have a good winning record WITHOUT Parish. And the talk previously was he was getting monster possessions with not many metres gained. But it seems from my limited viewing that's a bit of a dated view of him, he is more damaging and just a pretty good player these days?
Bruno does not like Parish.

I’d love to see these articles saying cadman and JUH are ready made. Most of the time with the mids it’s just lazy journalism to say the #1 is ready made, when really it’s incorrect. The only thing I remember been said about rayner was he is dusty2.0 not that he was ready made.

Last edited:
I’d love to see these articles saying cadman and JUH are ready made. Most of the time with the mids it’s just lazy journalism to say the #1 is ready man, when really it’s incorrect. The only thing I remember been said about rayner was he is dusty2.0 not that he was ready made.
I recall JUH being called the next Buddy. not ready made.

The jury is still out on JHF, come on mate have you been watching this year?
He’s been incredible for port. Yes he’s been down some games but he’s playing as an inside bull at 19. Imagine what he’s going to be at 24/25.
On whether he's the #1 player of his draft class. He's been great this year but Daicos has been much better both years. So yes, jury's still out on that front.

On whether he's the #1 player of his draft class. He's been great this year but Daicos has been much better both years. So yes, jury's still out on that front.
Oh of course Daicos has been better, totally different types of player though. Not every player needs to get 35 touches every week to dominate a game, hird was a prime example of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is the last time supporters had such a sense of dread going into a game?

I think we were concerned for Melbourne and Geelong.

But not to this extent.
Probably the last time we played the Bulldogs 🤔 got a few floggings from them in recent years and didn’t seem to have any answers

And tomorrow I think we’ve also run out of answers 🥺 A lot will depend on our ability to defend further up the ground, but with Parish out there’s a lot of responsibility carried on even fewer shoulders

Will be interesting to see if Hobbs and Caldwell are able to step up and what the heck happens with our backline.

My niece is nearly 17 and likes the Lions. She gave me two tickets to this game for my birthday a couple months back and told me I had to take her.

First time we have done something as two adults so I’m really looking forward to it. Also glad it’s made it possible for me to be more philosophical about the result - because we are going to get absolutely pumped I reckon.

When is the last time supporters had such a sense of dread going into a game?

I think we were concerned for Melbourne and Geelong.

But not to this extent.
It feels a little like 2016. Zero expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back