Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Not a massive fan of Parker in the midfield but like him in that 2IC role where he can be something of a receiver, rather than trying to rove. I feel like that's when he was at his best between 2014-2016, bouncing off JPK & Hanners' work. With Adams' inclusion I was hoping that would be Parker's role this year and that it would really help our midfield.

Not a massive fan of Parker in the midfield but like him in that 2IC role where he can be something of a receiver, rather than trying to rove. I feel like that's when he was at his best between 2014-2016, bouncing off JPK & Hanners' work. With Adams' inclusion I was hoping that would be Parker's role this year and that it would really help our midfield.
I'm mainly concerned about the loss of experience in the middle. He's very much a vocal leader on the ground and that will be missed given Mills is also out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gotta say. Parker has been a great of the club for a long time, from showing enough as young player to be selected for the 2012 GF to almost single-handedly protecting our young midfield when JPK started to decline. He's put everything on the line for the club and has been very durable over the course of his career while playing one of the most brutal roles on the field.

Hats off to you Parks. Thanks for everything you've done so far. And hopefully you can cap off your career as one of our leaders on the path to glory. And hopefully it'll help atone for the 3 flags you've been unfortunate to miss out on over the past decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back