Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez that was a pretty massive game from Brown. He has basically ensured that we will not be dropping him next week and that if Daniher is fit it will be one of the rucks that lose their spots. He was very handy as a linkman all day with his workrate and he's a bloody reliable finisher which is an undervalued aspect in footy. We may not have gotten the contested marks we did from McKernan last week but as I said pre game, as long as he finds a way to kick goals who cares how he does it.

Slammed him pre-game. Generally when I do things like that I end up with egg on my face... I probably should keep it up though otherwise he will stink it up for the next month.

Well 25 touches and 3 goals = Bruno is going to cop a bucketing.

So be it.
Yeah sorry Bruno, you can’t ask much more from a tall forward. He really is very strong on the spread. Useless down the line but that’s not our preferred method anyway.

Given it’s not Brown’s forte Stringer really stepped up and crashed a lot of packs today. Didn’t mark many but brought the ball to ground well, often against two and three defenders. That helped.

Played a great game, especially given he is essentially depth. Will be interesting to see if he is still in the team once Daniher is back, but on form you gotta keep him at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that I am probably being negative just for the sake of it but Brown had Baguley and Tippa on towards goal and he took the 'safe' low gain option to McGrath on the wing.

View attachment 654144
Player makes mistake in best game for the club

I know that I am probably being negative just for the sake of it but Brown had Baguley and Tippa on towards goal and he took the 'safe' low gain option to McGrath on the wing.

View attachment 654144

Was that the play where after he passed to McGrath, McGrath passed to Tippa up near the boundary and then Tippa kicked the goal anyway? Its a nice still shot that gives a good view of the field but considering he still found a free target I think we might let him off with a warning on this one.

It was a mistake as much as Clarke turning his back on open players i50 last week.

You mark the ball off a quick break on the 50 you look towards goal asap, Stringer would have done that had Brown not snatched the mark in front of him.
Well not really. One resulted in a goal. The other didn't.

It was a mistake as much as Clarke turning his back on open players i50 last week.

You mark the ball off a quick break on the 50 you look towards goal asap, Stringer would have done that had Brown not snatched the mark in front of him.
Getting a bit picky if we are finding the 2 or 3 mistakes a player makes during a bloody good game. You could go through everyone and find moments. Given how Stringers day went yesterday he may well have wheeled around and miss kicked it.

As for Clarke turning his back the week before. I have no issue with that. If you mark it 30 out with little angle you should be taking the shot. Geelong cost themselves a GF by trying to hand off too many goals and not taking the first shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back