Player Watch #28: Ned Cahill - Welcome to Essendon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Looking at the selection in isolation it isn't as bad as first thought. The best part is his 3.8 tackles a game at the championships. A goal a game shows his ability to impact games. Reminds me a little of Gryan Miers in a sense that he is a small forward first and foremost, anything else secondary.

fairbump_playon

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes I'm sure he's a quality small forward who has a bright future as a clearance king.

But that highlights package is so underwhelming ha ha. The Josh Green comparisons are real, but I think even the young Josh might have had a bit more pizazz.

ant555

The Oracle
May 4, 2004
lurking in the shadows of the matrix
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers
The flanker who can hopefully play midfield selection.........

One day will draft draft a midfielder who can hopefully play midfield.
As far as this kid goes at least he is an improvement on the recent flankers. Plays with a bit of desperation and already has a decent engine and has already had some midfield time although limited.

kleanr

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Pronounced like "carl" from the recent BTV video. Seems strange, like a recent meeting i've had with "Juanita", she incised it pronounced "jah-won-neet-ahh"
No doubt Carl is his new nickname around the club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Have watched a few of his game involvements clips on the app. I'll get around to watching more at some point, but he looks like a player who loves to move the ball on quickly and is great for fast breaks. Good at releasing players with his fast hands, has outstanding awareness of where teammates are too while in congestion too.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Looking at the selection in isolation it isn't as bad as first thought. The best part is his 3.8 tackles a game at the championships. A goal a game shows his ability to impact games. Reminds me a little of Gryan Miers in a sense that he is a small forward first and foremost, anything else secondary.

6.12 2km gives him the "Richmond small" running power which is usually overlooked when assessing their effectiveness.

ghostdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
So we got Carl who Dodo wants to turn into a mid. No way we were getting Flanders but the media department have still got their Simpsons conduit with the plebs, so there's no issue. And he's the steal of the draft as well. Let's go Carl!

Top Bottom