Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching Chol as close as I could last game , their defense played well and took away his run and jump and it clearly messed with him

I would have loved him to then get on a lead , he’s a very good set shot and if he’d slotted a couple from 40 out that soon breaks up the defense

it was like he was told , you compete at the top of the square and bring the ball to ground

jack has the football smarts that when he’s getting beaten to sneak out the back and be free on the fat side or lead up at someone

No doubt the coaches will have gone to work on Chol
If the Lions disrespect him , he’ll kick 5 , serious
You know they will put some serious work into nullifying Jack
So it could open the door to Chol or Caddy kicking a bag

I'll lose my sh*t if Chol plays, doesn't deserve a call up after last week, my grandmother would have done a better job than Chol.
Cant reward players for shitty efforts.

Can she line up for us at CHF this Friday?

I really think Chol shows lack of intensity, lack of awareness, lack of nous and is not the answer. From left field- what about putting the old firm back together - Grimes, Astbury, Broad down back and shift Balta to Lynch’s spot - he can run, mark, kick, take defenders with him- he has the size to have a major impact. I know he has played defence all season but I feel he has been a little off the last couple of games and I think it is an option. He could ruck up forward also or do the swap with Nank so they a ‘rest’ up forward. That way you would always have a tall target.
If not I would rather go with Caddy than Chol- he may be a bit slow but he competes all day and knows how to kick a goal. Has shown that before
Anyway, just a thought

Tough gig being a selector this week.

Ross for Prestia is easy enough.

But who goes out for Bolton?

Chol could be better suited for structure with no lynch

And I think Aarts has been really good the last few games, gut running like Kane Lambert.

The question will be if we drop Aarts, will whoever takes his spot be able to perform the same role or better?
Prestia and Bolton to the middle and Lambert & Edwards get pushed into the fwd,line. These two know the system. Someone, probs Aarts squeezed out.

I really think Chol shows lack of intensity, lack of awareness, lack of nous and is not the answer. From left field- what about putting the old firm back together - Grimes, Astbury, Broad down back and shift Balta to Lynch’s spot - he can run, mark, kick, take defenders with him- he has the size to have a major impact. I know he has played defence all season but I feel he has been a little off the last couple of games and I think it is an option. He could ruck up forward also or do the swap with Nank so they a ‘rest’ up forward. That way you would always have a tall target.
If not I would rather go with Caddy than Chol- he may be a bit slow but he competes all day and knows how to kick a goal. Has shown that before
Anyway, just a thought
I hear you but the croatian has not played forward all year

Dimma basically confirmed Pickett and Kmac as our wingers are safe and won't be going anywhere. Initially I though Aarts would be unlucky but I can't see that happening now. If Caddy is fit (sounds like he his but they could be trying to keep the Lions on their toes) then Chol out is a possibility but I think it's unlikely. I legit can not name a player with more than 30% certainty that they'll be dropped. Ross will go and if you put a gun to my head I would probably say Chol but I have no idea.

If Chol is the 2nd player to be dropped I'd say Nank would ruck 90% of the center bounces with Jack rucking the forward line stoppages and Balta taking the backline stoppages, when Nank is resting.

Interesting to see how it plays out, I'm glad I'm not on Match committee.
If Lynch was IN then Chol could've been an out. Lynch not playing guarantees Chol's spot. If Chol can play his role, back up ruck and kick a goal he's done his job. We win games out of the backline, midfield anyhow. Caddy or Aarts is a selection question too. I guess we'll find how important they all are when teams are named.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't reward Chol for the insipid performance last week. Play like that again and we may as well be playing with one less man on the field.

He played like he didn't want to be there and his efforts were all half arsed. Being scared to play doesn't go away in the space of two weeks. Frankly it was one of the most gutless games I've seen in years.

I'd rather play caddy as the second marking forward and rotate dusty through the square.

Don't flirt with form.
Chol stays this week. If we had better tall fwd depth Chol wouldn't play. But we have Soldo & Lynch OUT against Brizzy who have two rucks. Martin & McvInernary with Hipwood a tall KPFs as well. Nank can even it with these two. McInarny's taller and getting better too. I think he solo rucked for them last game. I don't want Balta or JR taken of their roles. Too important. We beat Adelaide with Chol doing what he did. We come up against the Cats who use one ruck & 2 tall KPFs sure.

The Lions preview thread is *en rolled gold..

In the first few pages they are going on about how cocky we are in our preview thread and how we are getting ahead of ourselves...... scroll forward to the last few pages and every second post is "we are gonna smash them by 6 goals, they have no answers for us"

hahahahaha

The Lions preview thread is fu**en rolled gold..

In the first few pages they are going on about how cocky we are in our preview thread and how we are getting ahead of ourselves...... scroll forward to the last few pages and every second post is "we are gonna smash them by 6 goals, they have no answers for us"

hahahahaha
and their best is better than ours

Anyway, just a thought
Brilliant. Genius. I love it. Balta's more mobile than Lynch. More competitive than Chol. We have confidence in Broad being able to do his role. I think he plays on Hipwood usually, with success.

Lynch out completely changes the dynamic of the game and how Richmond will play. If you re-watch the way we played them last time - a large proportion of our inside 50s were bombed to the top of the goal square looking for a mark or crumb.

Now lynch is out we will have to play differently - which in itself may be a blessing because the Lions would have been prepping for that style - now they wont know what to expect :). The first quarter will tell us a lot.

Coaching/tactics will play a bigger role now. In that regard we definitely have the edge as we have a more astute coach, more flexible gameplan (and a variety of gameplans) and a more mature playing group that can change and adapt quickly. Lions are 1 dimensional.

Like that time he decided to play his best team v norf when Scott rested 15 blokes

Them richmond got rolled the next week
We were mentally weak back then.

In pressers now if he rules them out, they're generally out. No ducks and drakes.

I like the straight bat. If others are trying to play mind games it says to me they are rattled. We don't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back