AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

My ****in boy

The love pleases me folks, it pleases me.

****in gun.
My boy.

Worked hard all game. Multiple efforts. Wasn't our best player but was heavily influential. Everyone loves a good stat - Parish was 3rd in our "metres gained" behind Zerrett (who was 2nd across the whole comp) and Hurley (who gets some of his from kick ins etc).
Parish did this by grabbing the ball at speed out of the contest, spreading hard, finding space and playing an aggressive attacking brand of footy that seems to have become our game plan. And yet he still worked hard the other way, applying pressure and laying tackles. And the boy is 19. Sign him now please, he is and will be vital to our game plan.

My boy.

Worked hard all game. Multiple efforts. Wasn't our best player but was heavily influential. Everyone loves a good stat - Parish was 3rd in our "metres gained" behind Zerrett (who was 2nd across the whole comp) and Hurley (who gets some of his from kick ins etc).
Parish did this by grabbing the ball at speed out of the contest, spreading hard, finding space and playing an aggressive attacking brand of footy that seems to have become our game plan. And yet he still worked hard the other way, applying pressure and laying tackles. And the boy is 19. Sign him now please, he is and will be vital to our game plan.

Offer the kid a 5 year contract now.

giphy.gif

What is his contract status at the moment? I suggest the Essendon people who organizes the contracts and the manager get to work now before clubs offer him massive contracts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if Parish played for the opposition I'd want to punch him in the teeth. The strut, the confidence, the lip he offers on field, the fact he can back it all up with his actions. Given he's one of ours though, naturally, I love the kid and hope he stays for many years to come.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter

About Josh Schache:

"But he remains the only top-five talent taken in the 2015 national draft who is yet to sign a contract extension beyond this season.

Jacob Weitering (Carlton), Sydney Rising Star winner Callum Mills, Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) and Darcy Parish (Essendon) have all recommitted."

Is this a mistake? I'm not aware of Parish recommitting

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter

About Josh Schache:

"But he remains the only top-five talent taken in the 2015 national draft who is yet to sign a contract extension beyond this season.

Jacob Weitering (Carlton), Sydney Rising Star winner Callum Mills, Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) and Darcy Parish (Essendon) have all recommitted."

Is this a mistake? I'm not aware of Parish recommitting

Contract announcement imminent? With Robbo at the HS I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

It would be a relief to have him signed up. Parish and Fantasia were my 2 biggest concerns. I'd include Daniher but I can't imagine him leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back