Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Correction: Idiot. Richmond supporters are idiots.

Carlton supporters are flogs, Collingwood supporters are feral, Richmond supporters are idiots, and we're... dickheads, I guess.

Hawthorn are yuppies, Bulldogs are old women... there's a whole guidebook to this stuff somewhere.

I reckon you're unlikely to get any luck going down that route tbh. Hooker's much more attainable.

I wouldn't know mate. Just passing on info as to who we are looking at.

Would not discount us looking at gumby too. I think there are 2 bombers we are looking at. Pears and one other. Not sure about second player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruno

Take it and run - This is a guy Gumby that the club sees fit to offer a one year contract.

I have a suspicion that the deal we have offered Gumby isn't a reflection on his long term durability as much as it is about TRB's preferred long term structure and the use of our KPPs. By offering the one year deal we are basically saying that he is currently the most expendable KP prospect on our list that could net us the highest potential pick (to get into the high end of the draft - the view is now that the depth of this draft is not so good). In this respect I want to save TRB from itself.

It is all obviously guess work but the indication from Hird is that Hurley may be used in defence. We are then short Hurley and Gumby in any potential forward line with only Danhier as the replacement capable of being a genuine KPF. It means that we will continue to look to play Crameri in a more KP/structurally significant role despite what I view is the reality that he is an over-sized flanker. We are also then reliant on Ryder as a KPF which is a bit of a risk (remember than he basically has to play forward because he will be the second ruck and we need to be able to control the rotation which is something that you can't do with a KPD) although this is not my primary concern.

As overly positive as it may be, I seriously think the best thing for the club would be for Gumby to force his way into our best side which would ultimately allow us to use Hurley to replace Fletcher when Fletcher retires and allow us to use Crameri as a half forward (and reap the reward of the matchup that can't go with him and get the best out of him, ect). On the glimpses Gumby has showed this year I think he is genuinely capable of it and capable of it next year. It is much more valuable to our side than another (second round) pick.

What did you want him to say? He might be a tool at times, but if no one has been interested in Gumbleton, what is he supposed to say?

meh, just the garbage he was spitting out about goddard too, they played the grab of Hird's press conference and he just couldn't help but deliver barbs at the deal - "a 28yo, on 800k a year, you'd want him to be a superstar rather than playing a role for the team" - sounds like all the trolls on BF honestly. Back on topic re Gumby, once the Dawes trade comes to a climax, I am pretty sure a lot of attention will be turned onto Gumby. I hope like heck he doesn't leave, especially if it is for the sake of 1 extra year. Surely we could add a conditional second year to our offer, have it there as a carrot for him to have a big year, tick the right boxes, and forward we go.

Carlton supporters are flogs, Collingwood supporters are feral, Richmond supporters are idiots, and we're... dickheads, I guess.

Hawthorn are yuppies, Bulldogs are old women and eight year old boys... there's a whole guidebook to this stuff somewhere.

EFA

I have a suspicion that the deal we have offered Gumby isn't a reflection on his long term durability as much as it is about TRB's preferred long term structure and the use of our KPPs. By offering the one year deal we are basically saying that he is currently the most expendable KP prospect on our list that could net us the highest potential pick (to get into the high end of the draft - the view is now that the depth of this draft is not so good). In this respect I want to save TRB from itself.

It is all obviously guess work but the indication from Hird is that Hurley may be used in defence. We are then short Hurley and Gumby in any potential forward line with only Danhier as the replacement capable of being a genuine KPF. It means that we will continue to look to play Crameri in a more KP/structurally significant role despite what I view is the reality that he is an over-sized flanker. We are also then reliant on Ryder as a KPF which is a bit of a risk (remember than he basically has to play forward because he will be the second ruck and we need to be able to control the rotation which is something that you can't do with a KPD) although this is not my primary concern.

As overly positive as it may be, I seriously think the best thing for the club would be for Gumby to force his way into our best side which would ultimately allow us to use Hurley to replace Fletcher when Fletcher retires and allow us to use Crameri as a half forward (and reap the reward of the matchup that can't go with him and get the best out of him, ect). On the glimpses Gumby has showed this year I think he is genuinely capable of it and capable of it next year. It is much more valuable to our side than another (second round) pick.

Agree. Maybe he simply doesn't figure in the grand plan anymore.

meh, just the garbage he was spitting out about goddard too, they played the grab of Hird's press conference and he just couldn't help but deliver barbs at the deal - "a 28yo, on 800k a year, you'd want him to be a superstar rather than playing a role for the team" - sounds like all the trolls on BF honestly. Back on topic re Gumby, once the Dawes trade comes to a climax, I am pretty sure a lot of attention will be turned onto Gumby. I hope like heck he doesn't leave, especially if it is for the sake of 1 extra year. Surely we could add a conditional second year to our offer, have it there as a carrot for him to have a big year, tick the right boxes, and forward we go.

Fair enough, I didnt listen to the interview.

There are a few journo's out there that do tend to troll people. Hutchy the other day saying that Sydney shouldnt have to pay more than their 2nd round pick for Tippett for 30 mins, and then admitted that they will need a low first round pick an hour later. When he was saying it you could tell that he was smiling and taking the piss. I wish we knew what accounts they had here on BF.

I wouldn't know mate. Just passing on info as to who we are looking at.

Would not discount us looking at gumby too. I think there are 2 bombers we are looking at. Pears and one other. Not sure about second player.

Yeah, I know, it's much appreciated :thumbsu:

Pears' agent was on Trade Radio early this week and he pretty much shut down any talk of him leaving. Normally the agents say something like "yeah, nah at this stage he'll be at <club> next year, there's obviously some interest but he's happy where he is" etc., but Pears' guy just said "No, he'll be at Essendon".

Hawthorn are yuppies, Bulldogs are old women... there's a whole guidebook to this stuff somewhere.
I thought we were just legen... Wait for it... dary!

And when we're tired of being that, we just be awesome instead.

Very happy if other clubs aren't interested, considering we won't be increasing our offer.

Hopefully he decides to stay and demand his spot. He has one if he's fit IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back