Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame about the injuries. Am genuinely excited about the prospect of another Tall Forward to take the pressure of Larkey.
He’ll come on - no doubt. That said he has his hurdles and the expectations are ridiculous. If he can play a few games in the AFL this year it would be massive for the club and fans but don’t except a rising star performance from a couple of games - expect more like larkey’s first games. Minimal touches while he gets used to the speed of AFL. That said I reckon he’ll be hungry and good luck to him!

He looked seriously talented on the track at the start of last year. His injuries suck but if we can get him up and going he'll be a good player for us.

He's a long term prospect.

We waited about 7 years for Daw, 8 years for Garner, 5 years for Wood, Jacobs TBC for 3 years.

I think we can afford to be patient with him for another 18 months. (He will play VFL football after the bye/midseason draft)

We waited about 7 years for Daw, 8 years for Garner, 5 years for Wood, Jacobs TBC for 3 years.

I think we can afford to be patient with him for another 18 months. (He will play VFL football after the bye/midseason draft)
He is contracted till the end of '23 so we will be patient for a fair while yet.

And look how well that has worked out for us 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and all those stats are blown out by one good year in 2019, but are now on a steady decline.

You mean, one good year in 2019 where he actually had a decent team around him - including a near Coleman medal winning KPF inside 50 with him? Who would have thought that key forwards play better when they've got a bit of help around them?

He's played 34 games, is being asked to lead a forward line alone and is getting the worst delivery in the competition from an injury riddled team full of inexperienced youth. Not sure how much people can be expecting of him in this scenario.

Let's go into every player thread and compare them to players we could have drafted. We can call it "Fantasy Football".

It's only happened in 378 other player threads, but I commend you on your late arrival anyway.

It's only happened in 378 other player threads, but I commend you on your late arrival anyway.

Is that all? I wonder if anybody checked whether we've ever really made the best choice on draft day in our history of drafting.

You mean, one good year in 2019 where he actually had a decent team around him - including a near Coleman medal winning KPF inside 50 with him? Who would have thought that key forwards play better when they've got a bit of help around them?

He's played 34 games, is being asked to lead a forward line alone and is getting the worst delivery in the competition from an injury riddled team full of inexperienced youth. Not sure how much people can be expecting of him in this scenario.
He and Zurhaar put their hands up at the start of the season and stated they were ready to take the key forward mantles.

If you’re going to talk it up you need to back it up with actions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back