Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

Looks to me like it needs a tidy up but they've decided it doesn't get worse with playing and push through the season until they can't. Be interesting in that case what round they decide the benefits of games in the body this year outweigh delays in pre season next year...
If that's the case, I can understand the club's motivation in not saying "oh well Charlie, let's send you in for surgery and write off another season"
If anyone needs to play footy, it's Charlie. Even if it does end up another shortened season

If that's the case, I can understand the club's motivation in not saying "oh well Charlie, let's send you in for surgery and write off another season"
If anyone needs to play footy, it's Charlie. Even if it does end up another shortened season
Yeah agree. No inner scrote, just what it looks like. If he can get 12-16 games out of the season that's a big win for him and us - as long as it doesn't make things worse and obviously they'd be all over that.

Hopefully Chom can play in a win in the next month… will feel good about what he’s achieved this year, and then we can send him in to get his shoulder tidied up

For 5 game CHB and a 14 game overall player
This part is really noteworthy. Putting aside his intensity and output, you'd think he's a 100 gamer at times. He always looks to make a move, control the backline down there. Like a Scott Thompson or Robbie Tarrant. Really takes it on himself.

This guy is a leader in a team bereft of them.

If he stays on the park then he should be in a 2025 leadership group with Sheezel, Wardlaw, Larkey.

But since we do it by player vote it'll probably be Curtis Taylor, Jaidyn Stephenson and that bloke drafted around 1990 who inherited the tobacco empire.

Hurt his shoulder in the vfl prior to playing his first game in the ones. I think the prognosis (by some) of it being just a stinger was wishful thinking. Seems like its just hanging on atm. He looks in pain after every second contest.

We really know how to manage our young players.

ok……So he didn’t cop a stinger in the VFL, he actually did something bad. Although a week later he took 1,000 marks against Brisbane, where the shoulder looked fine. So he shouldn’t of played that game?

I wouldn’t like to be the one telling him.

Understand the need for him to get games in for continuity but get him in for a cleanup if he's not 100%.

He's too important to us and has shown he could be a rolled-gold, AA calibre KPD with one good shoulder.

Understand the need for him to get games in for continuity but get him in for a cleanup if he's not 100%.

He's too important to us and has shown he could be a rolled-gold, AA calibre KPD with one good shoulder.

He needs a run of games mentally mate. Trust me, they'd be talking to him and considering what's best for him and us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this guys competitiveness & he has talent. Just gotta hope his body is capable of handling the rigors of AFL football. He already looks beaten up and we're only 1/3 into the season.

If you were framing a market, what would be the odds of him playing 100+ AFL games?

Best contested mark at our club since Carey. The conundrum of playing him back or forward is real.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can only hope that when we play the Tigers in Round 21 for our most likely opportunity at a win they throw him Forward

Best contested mark at our club since Carey. The conundrum of playing him back or forward is real.

Let us just lock down CHB. We know he can play at the level despite playing less than 20 games. Lock it in and move on to the next list hole in this wedge of Swiss cheese we call a list.

Don’t think he is quite at Petrie, Waite or even Tarrant levels just yet.

I do love what he is bringing to the plate at the moment. Just needs more help down back.

Petrie dominated at CHB before he became the target up forward for us.

Not sure Charlie has the goal sense of Petrie and Larkey though - not quite a as crafty.

Be interesting to see where he is best deployed long term.

Love him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back