Player Watch #30 Tom McCartin

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom McCartin.jpg
Tom McCartin

Player Profile

In an indication of Tom McCartin’s rapid rise, the young Sydney Swans forward had played 34 AFL games by the end of his teenage years – and that was despite being the youngest player in the league in his debut 2018 season. The Geelong Falcons product has a brilliant marking ability and presents a tall target inside 50, although coach John Longmire has also used him as a key defender. McCartin is the younger brother of number one 2014 AFL Draft pick Paddy, who played 35 AFL games with St Kilda.

Tom McCartin

DOB: 30 December 1999
DRAFT: 2017
RECRUITED FROM: St Joseph's (Vic)/St Joseph's, Geel (Vic)/Geel Gram (Vic)/Geel U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'll bite.........how on earth do you have a VIRAL hip and back complaint????

You've found me out, I have no idea, I was just posting what I'd read in an article.

He is apparently quite athletic and has a similar playing style to Nick Riewoldt in his running patterns. His problem is kicking.
Great. Our conversion is poor as it is. Maybe we could convert him into a defender?

Is he doing school this year, or living full time in sydney, perhaps doing school by correspondence?
Not finishing year 12, going to study a trade.

The way horse talks is coming across that he is ready to go

Be good to see
Reckon he will get a decent run in JLT but don't expect to see a lot of him this year. Swans are pretty good at not killing off young guys. That said, Heeney, Mills, Papley, Hayward and Florent all got decent (or better!) game time in their first years......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best for your debut game Tom :)
Dc0jw0lVQAEKWOp.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back