Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually rate Jamie highly- I think when he is and in form, he hits the contests hard, is a neat deliverer of the ball, has good goal sense and helps structure our midfield and half back.

The enormous problem is that he is rarely injury free and when he is, he never played in the VFL to find form.

Kind of absurd to sign a guy who has not played co distantly for 18 months on a three year extension.

Jmac has improved as a footballer....but he needed to. Because most of his career can be summed up as someone who is good at giving teammates instructions and pointing. Backed up with poor usage of the footy and flimsy tackle attempts.

He is best 22 and so the contract extension isn't a big deal or a surprise.

Don't know about the criticism of the media. We had a s**t 2017.....maybe some of it is warranted. Why worry about it....you can't control what people write anyways.
We had a s**t 2017, but not really as s**t as 6 wins would normally be. Decent-ish percentage for that ladder position, close losses, no floggings, extenuating circumstances with injuries, lots of games into kids. And yeah, we’ve let some (more) reliable foot soldiers go, so we don’t have the fallback position of plugging a Swallow or Mullett in to hold the fort if things go bad. OK, we’re heading into another year where development will be a higher priority than ladder position.

But the thing that shits me is sweeping statements like "worst list bar none" without having the guts to go into detail. Show your working. Tell me what the deadwood is, which players were wasting our time with, why it looks like there’s no plan. s**t, even idiots like us on BF can see what Joyce & co are trying to do.

Jmac spent his whole time in rehab sitting in the coaches box on game day.
Club certainly rates him for his ability to lead on the ground whilst we are in this transitional phase.
Being popular helps and cluey of course is a must.
He's not a top 10 player at the club but the decisions a no brainer for mine

I've got him in our top-10 when fit. He may not be flashy, may not get 30+ touches and struggles to land a tackle, but when he's got the ball in hand he uses it very well. Super important to our team IMO.

Nice reaction from an elder spokesman of the playing group and one I'm hoping to see more of from now on.

Playing the nice guys with an open door policy for the media has frequently exposed us to nothing but negativity from the so called experts, with only a smattering of decent articles to combat the overwhelming drivel.

Time to start giving these morons the bird. Call out their bullshit and back it up with performance and uncompromising aggression on field.

A harder North and one that calls a spade a shovel. Echoed from the Chairman down to the bootstudder.

Time to get the mojo back.

Nice reaction from an elder spokesman of the playing group and one I'm hoping to see more of from now on.

Playing the nice guys with an open door policy for the media has frequently exposed us to nothing but negativity from the so called experts, with only a smattering of decent articles to combat the overwhelming drivel.

Time to start giving these morons the bird. Call out their bullshit and back it up with performance and uncompromising aggression on field.

A harder North and one that calls a spade a shovel. Echoed from the Chairman down to the bootstudder.

Great suggestion, but the media will actually love that. Gives them something to write about. The usual glib soundbites and tired cliches from the 'media trained players' are not going to generate clicks.....

Great suggestion, but the media will actually love that. Gives them something to write about. The usual glib soundbites and tired cliches from the 'media trained players' are not going to generate clicks.....
Damned if you do or damned if you don't.

May as well keep some self respect and restore the pride in the jumper by giving it to these weak as piss, talentless snipers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damned if you do or damned if you don't.

May as well keep some self respect and restore the pride in the jumper by giving it to these weak as piss, talentless snipers.
I agree, I'm really disappointing none of the players said anything about Ralphy's Lindsay Thomas comments. That shouldn't have gone unchallenged.

Bring back Pagan as the footy manager.

Great with ball in hand. An absolute liability 1v1 or in a tackling situation.

We have that much money to burn it's irrelevant. Pay him 90% 8% and 2% and who cares if we retire him with a year left.

011217_13.jpg

Ripped.

put him on the wing ideally, morgan should fill in as the 2nd small lock down defender with marley williams. Hartung on the bench. Suddenly we are finding a lot more running power. If wright can comes back injury free, Thompson almost becomes obselete as wright is some one who could player on a bigger or smaller opponent. Atley needs to be full time midfield as his speed is wasted in the backline and since his decision making skill is not good, put him in places where poor decision will not cost you as much.

put him on the wing ideally, morgan should fill in as the 2nd small lock down defender with marley williams. Hartung on the bench. Suddenly we are finding a lot more running power. If wright can comes back injury free, Thompson almost becomes obselete as wright is some one who could player on a bigger or smaller opponent. Atley needs to be full time midfield as his speed is wasted in the backline and since his decision making skill is not good, put him in places where poor decision will not cost you as much.
I'd rather Clarke, McDonald and Atley on the wings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back