Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

He just isn't equipped to play in this sort of team. I've got no issue with him getting a chance again and he will likely play more senior games between now and the end of the year, but he just cannot play a contested style of footy. His tackling and use of body is just not there.

He doesn't have the skills to play in any sort of team at the moment. The last 3 years of pressure have killed him. We'd have won with Wood out there - what does that say?

Him and McDonald have cost us 4 goals between them. But atleast Luke puts his body on the line

Funny how our defenders seem to get worse when our midfield gets beaten.

We were smashed in tackles and clearances til the last quarter. Defense seemed to stand up well to only concede one in the last funnily enough. But what a killer goal that last one was.

Gees that's a harsh post but yeah it's hard not to agree with. Will be really interesting what Rhyce does at the selection table, could almost be defining.

I was happy to see Jmac do what he could under this system but he played like a coward IMO. Should never have got a game.

We didn't lose because of Jmac, but we sure as hell didn't win because of him either.

Him and McDonald have cost us 4 goals between them. But atleast Luke puts his body on the line

McDonald is by far a better defender. I think if Macmillan was drafted to another team he’d be a winger. He can run all day and has pretty good disposal. He is weak in any contested situation, be it on the ground or in the air. Durdin would’ve been better today, although Durdin is 198 I reckon he can kick at minimum equally, obviously Durdin is better in the air and I’d back Durdin in to tackle rather then get walked through.

I’d like to see MacMillan on a wing but that spots taken. Thank * Rhyce couldn’t give a s**t that he went to a top shelf school.

Anyone that defends this game their, can go and support another club.

He is a disgrace to the jumper.

There is no space for pissweak squibs on this list.

You'd go a lot better explaining why you feel he isn't up to it than just hammering him on a personal level.

For a smart bloke he’s dead set dumb.

Why does he try to kick a mungral punt when he’s going for distance? Every time.

Biggest turnover merchant in the AFL

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was as s**t as the haters could possibly hope. Shaw just got burnt by a selection that Brad died by.
It's not about being a hater, it's about being a passionate North supporter who only wants the best for the club. Definitely never hope a North player plays badly.

He played about as well today as he did in the VFL last week so I'm not sure what people were expecting at AFL level? A miracle?

He gets a few ground ball gets when we have an outnumber, great. But the rest of it - the missed tackles, being beaten in the air and too often being in no man's land - seen it all before.

Did some nice things but overall he is a liability in defense. cant tackle to save his life unfortunately.

Funny how our defenders seem to get worse when our midfield gets beaten.

We were smashed in tackles and clearances til the last quarter. Defense seemed to stand up well to only concede one in the last funnily enough. But what a killer goal that last one was.
The defence had pushed up to the wing and beyond in the last and didn't let it past for long periods. And Tarrant was huge in the last.

You'd go a lot better explaining why you feel he isn't up to it than just hammering him on a personal level.
I could make a feature length film of his pissweak efforts and disgusting attempts at tackling.

It’s not personal. He is a ******* terrible footballer full stop. He might be a great bloke, but as AFL footballers go, he is a verified potato.

He just isn't equipped to play in this sort of team. I've got no issue with him getting a chance again and he will likely play more senior games between now and the end of the year, but he just cannot play a contested style of footy. His tackling and use of body is just not there.
Any defender that can't defend, gives up 3 goals, costs a game, only kicks to the opposition and tackles with one hand probably isn't equipped to play in most professional teams.

Any defender that can't defend, gives up 3 goals, costs a game, only kicks to the opposition and tackles with one hand probably isn't equipped to play in most professional teams.

Yes that's not hyperbolic at all.

The defence had pushed up to the wing and beyond in the last and didn't let it past for long periods. And Tarrant was huge in the last.
We were heavily tagged in the midfield, almost to the extent of being sexually assaulted at times, but it doesn't change that there is a weakness in the works who shouldn't have played.

Iam not gonna pot the bloke as hes far from the worst player getting around but if vickers-willis gets back next year with an extended run its hard to see this bloke being a starting defender next season. Prolly cant find a spot for him on a wing either so it pretty much reduces him to a depth player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back