Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Coops- time has just flown.

Im the drives of Bus or spacemobile which might be available in ten years time

He will be on 40 games by this time next decade.

He should be at training now pointing out the finer points of kicking to LA & explaining that its not always necessary to catch a handball on your chest.

EDIT: For those 10 year old North supporters in 2024 l typed this from my computer, which was a hardware device that took up over 20% of my desk & it had a key pad where l had to physically push each letter to relay my message. Yer l know it sounds weird doesn`t it.

Also LA was Liam Anthony number 4 at the time.

This is going to be one hell of a megathread if it lasts to when Cooper is inducted in the HoF!

EpIVaderShadowPoster-SWE.jpg
Hate to be that guy but the little boy grows up and becomes Darth Vader. That's not the shadow of his father but of himself.

Cooper is going to grow up and be Nubian ruler of the galaxy?

Hate to be that guy but the little boy grows up and becomes Darth Vader. That's not the shadow of his father but of himself.

Cooper is going to grow up and be Nubian ruler of the galaxy?

I am well aware of the history of Star Wars thankyou :D

Yeah like it's the internet and where else would the Star Wars fans be? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we should be getting reports now about how he is going for the Yarrambat U12s.

Ha. As it happens, I caught the second half of one of Cooper's games a few weeks back. Handy player. Footy at that age is often a case of 4 or 5 kids in a team who are a cut above the rest and do 90% of the work out there. Only took a moment to conclude that Coop was one of the 4 or 5, but without necessarily being the best player in his side. But he reads it well and certainly doesn't lack any skill with the ball in hand. Reluctant tackler and loves a goal, so no concerns about genetics not working their magic.

He's currently playing in Yarrambat's U12 'A' team (in 1st division), after last season playing in their U12 'B' team (in 3rd division) where he took out that side's Best & Fairest award (playing a year above his age level). Not a bad effort.

I would claim my place as official driver of the Harvey Jr 'Mini Cooper', but as we're talking about an 11-year old kid it all just seems a little too weird and creepy. But when he's running around in a North jumper one day, off the back of this report I will definitely be claiming dibs on steering whatever vehicle he grows up to be.

Bumping after seeing him on the Footy Show tonight. How's the young lad tracking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back