3rd 3 Mobile Ashes Test @ Perth (Thu-Mon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they get stuck into Fletcher? I would think the knives would be out for him & the ECB hiearchy that sanctioned the tour planning.

Laying into him right now....who should select the team? Etc etc. They want him out, essentially...too much on his plate. Selectors should eb here- or have a conference call- Aussies took Buck out of things- it has worked well

Laying into him right now....who should select the team? Etc etc. They want him out, essentially...too much on his plate. Selectors should eb here- or have a conference call- Aussies took Buck out of things- it has worked well

Is Beefy Botham taking the loss all right :D :D :D

Is Geraint Jones on the next plane to England??. No way hes getting a game again this series. If he does then id think Duncan Fletcher can pack his bags and catch the next flight with Jones

The worst thing Jones ever did was mouth off before the series started, for two reasons.

1. When you're facing the best side in the world by daylight, the last thing you want to do is give them ammunition.

2. He's never done anything to warrant firing off comments. All it's done is make him look like a moron, which I guess he is.

I kind of feel sorry for him now that it's all said and done.

I think he has some ability with the gloves and when its all said and done he has performed well with the gloves except for 2 missed chances i can think off.

One off clarke late in the adelaide test and another half fumble to give clarke time to get back into his crease and avert a stumping.

There is no doubt he hasn't scored enough runs, last year in the ashes he was a pain in the bum to get out.

Hasn't looked at all comfortable in Australia though.

50:50 whether he plays in the next test.

Thats being very generous. He is no good. Its that simple.

The worst thing Jones ever did was mouth off before the series started, for two reasons.

1. When you're facing the best side in the world by daylight, the last thing you want to do is give them ammunition.

2. He's never done anything to warrant firing off comments. All it's done is make him look like a moron, which I guess he is.

I wonder if he thinks the Aussies have thier aura back yet ? :D

bloody awesome!!!! was in absolute jubiliation shame warnie didnt get the 700th here in perth but better for him to do it in front of his home crowd. Ray mate youve just made the stereotypical view of poms reinforced. we''ll never be like England we are far better. Awesome win but i want 5-0. Last year was awful n it got to me.

oh by the way.... Dennis Lilee hope this bloody shuts you up thinking the poms gonna beat your fellow countrymen. You were wrong buddy and shame on you to think so in the first place.

Wouldn't disagree with much of that, he's a lame duck now anyway - I'll be staggered if his contract is renewed after the World Cup.

I'd like to see us make a push for Bob Woolmer (not sure how long he has left with Pakistan) or Darren Lehmann.

Fletcher turned us around from the precipice and won us back The Ashes but he's run out of ideas now and it's time for a change.

As much as his selections in this series have annoyed me I'm still thankful for what he's done, when he took over we were struggling to beat Zimbabwe. At least we're challenging now and apart from Australia we are as good as there is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't disagree with much of that, he's a lame duck now anyway - I'll be staggered if his contract is renewed after the World Cup.

I'd like to see us make a push for Bob Woolmer (not sure how long he has left with Pakistan) or Darren Lehmann.

Fletcher turned us around from the precipice and won us back The Ashes but he's run out of ideas now and it's time for a change.

As much as his selection have annoyed me I'm still thankful for what he's done, when he took over we were struggling to beat Zimbabwe. At least we're challenging now and apart from Australia we are as good as there is.

Darren Lehmann would be a great choice and Greg Chappell is coming out of contract with India.

Really, when Fletcher released that book called "Ashes Regained" when the return series was more or less a year away then that was tempting fate.

He has to go.

No doubt.

Bumble on now...preparation is his big thing...England have been swanning around since 2005...Australia have gotten back to business.

He wants three four day games leading into the Ashes- i don't think he is wrong

Bumble on now...preparation is his big thing...England have been swanning around since 2005...Australia have gotten back to business.

He wants three four day games leading into the Ashes- i don't think he is wrong

England should have moved on about 2-3 weeks after the series.

Dredging up past wins never does anyone any good.

Pretty much a post mortem...a few interviews...Fletcher on now...we've had to play too much cricket since February...etc etc

Essentially, when it comes to the Ashes, special preparation needs to be made...warm up matches and the like....ignore Mickey Mouse comps

Fletcher fighting for his job now and he knows it.

Too late IMO... watch your ass Duncan on your way out the door.

Next Ashes series will be very interesting with Boof in charge of the poms.

I'm sure we will have some discussions on the mistakes England made...my immediate list would be:

1. Picking injured players who had not played much cricket in 2006- Anderson and Giles- Monty and Mahmood/Tremlett/Plunkett would have been ok

2. Flintoff's injury- he needed a couple more four day games to get him ready for Test cricket- I think we will elarn he was only 70-80% at the opening.

3. Preparation- not enough warm up before the First test- we went through the same problem last year. Not sure if this can be altered

4.Team selection- Monty, Read and Mahmood or Plunkett should have been in from the start

5. Harmisson's prep- he simply has not bowled enough- started to come good in Perth- but the question will still lurk if he can bowl outside of England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back