Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

But who could forget this goal ............ He best goal imo
That is one of my fav goals of all time.
Running flat out directly outve play at right angles to the goal and to deliberately kick a drop punt 50 mtr.
I reckon there would only be a handful of players in the league who could copy that at practice.
It might sound like BS but it reminds me of Michael Jordan, his creativity and level to invent stuff that really good players just can’t do, it wasn’t a reflex hail mary or about freaky athletic ability it’s his level when he’s on.
I’m so happy I’m gonna see him play for another 3-4 yrs.

That is one of my fav goals of all time.
Running flat out directly outve play at right angles to the goal and to deliberately kick a drop punt 50 mtr.
I reckon there would only be a handful of players in the league who could copy that at practice.
It might sound like BS but it reminds me of Michael Jordan, his creativity and level to invent stuff that really good players just can’t do, it wasn’t a reflex hail mary or about freaky athletic ability it’s his level when he’s on.
I’m so happy I’m gonna see him play for another 3-4 yrs.
Agree and thats also why i had that in my top 3
The degree of difficulty is crazy and i am a right foot kick and remember how difficult it was to get distance kicking across your body at speed and to then have the accuracy 50 mtrs out is just about impossible.

Ru blind and do not watch footy? Rarely he plays as a mid and most of time resting in the goal square lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

against lion and gws, final one and gf dusty was key forward / full forward a fair bit

my question is over the course of 2019 how much percentage was he mid / forward. i would guess more than 50% was mid but i dont know nor have the afl app

i do watch richmond but maybe im not as smart as you

my original comment was; i hope he plays forward about 75% next season, i reckon hed run riot. less possession but more goals, i think

against lion and gws, final one and gf dusty was key forward / full forward a fair bit

my question is over the course of 2019 how much percentage was he mid / forward. i would guess more than 50% was mid but i dont know nor have the afl app

my original comment was; i hope he plays forward about 75% next season, i reckon hed run riot. less possession but more goals, i think

he does it to create mismatches in the midfield and up forward. The Grand Final he took the heat in the midfield early which got Prestia off the chain. When he pushed fwd he created mismatches there and on ball as de boar had nfi where to go.
Dimma has stated numerous times he leaves up to Dusty Tom make that call

he does it to create mismatches in the midfield and up forward. The Grand Final he took the heat in the midfield early which got Prestia off the chain. When he pushed fwd he created mismatches there and on ball as de boar had nfi where to go.

i know, but with the midfield potentially improving; Pickett, Stack, RCD, Ross, Dow etc. id like hardwick to play dusty fwd more often

Dusty, Jack, Lynch is arguably the best three forwards in the game

id be looking to get Cotchin in there more often too

During the grand final one of the radio commentaries made mention of the difference between the home & away and the finals ratio of mid to forward. From memory around 45% forward during home & away and it was up to around 70% during finals. Will have to force myself to listen again :cool:

During the grand final one of the radio commentaries made mention of the difference between the home & away and the finals ratio of mid to forward. From memory around 45% forward during home & away and it was up to around 70% during finals. Will have to force myself to listen again :cool:

i felt like he was playing more forward in the finals too

not sure if this is dusty or dimmas doing but i like it

looked like gazza ablett senior in the lions final

:thumbsu:Yes It was great to listen to some of the radio calls and to hear the differences in commentary about what was unfolding and I think it was the call with Lyon and Cornes - they were both showing an appreciation of what tactics Dustin was employing and how well it was working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

remember when some main board whackjobs wanted him suspended for the throw to jiewoldt in that game lol

Pretty sure it's left up to Dusty and has been for a while now. Not only does Dimma mention it in interviews but some of the other players do as well. Nathan Broad mentioned Dusty has a licence to roam in a KRock interview....hmmm another one I'll have to listen to again. :D

Dustin Martin is the best $1.1 million per year we have ever spent. 2 flags, 2 norms and a Brownlow. Get him up here. I want to boof him.

Dustin Martin is the best $1.1 million per year we have ever spent. 2 flags, 2 norms and a Brownlow. Get him up here. I want to boof him.

lol remember when opposition flogs said we over paid and it will ruin our list ...
good times....

Well having forced myself to listen to the radio commentaries again :cool: I can confirm on the 3AW call just prior to the start of the Grand Final, Daniel Harford mentioned that during the home & away season Martin had spent 40% forward and during the finals so far it had been 69% forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back