Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still astonished the medical staff didn't take him straight to hospital.
What do you have to gain from sitting outside in the cold for 2 hours when you're kidney is badly lacerated and you're bleeding internally?

From 1 nurse to another (8 years of Urol surg experience here) I agree except that he clearly indicated he was going to stay until the end for Jack's 300th.

Obviously an extremely tough man. Lac kidney is no joke pain-wise.

From 1 nurse to another (8 years of Urol surg experience here) I agree except that he clearly indicated he was going to stay until the end for Jack's 300th.

Obviously an extremely tough man. Lac kidney is no joke pain-wise.
Seeing how long it took for Dr Hickey to get him into the rooms, I was amazed he stayed for the end of the game. I'm assuming he only would have had a 'green whistle' for the pain.

30 next year. Hardly going to improve. One kidney has made that impossible. I can hear the Oppo supporters saying next year the dynasty is well and truly over like Dusty.

I see the opposite. This will be his longest pre-season in 4 years. He will be rejuvenated. I would be more concerned if he did a calf, hamstring or another soft tissue injury. His injury is internal where he will make a full recovery. It is not something that will reoccur barring another, struck by lightning freak accident.

I think you need to remember who we are talking about and how competitive and driven he is. With less responsibility in the middle and support from others, Dusty will storm back next year. I think you are in for a pleasant surprize next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30 next year. Hardly going to improve. One kidney has made that impossible. I can hear the Oppo supporters saying next year the dynasty is well and truly over like Dusty.
Bloke has been the best player in the comp for the past 4 years, don’t think improvement is really what we need out of him at this point

Bolster our midfield through the draft and recruiting and let him play 80% forward and kick 40+ goals a season

Saw this on You Tube, an interview from 4 years ago today

if he didn’t stay would he be a 3x flag winner, 3x norm smith winner, 2x B&F, 4xAA?

will be an AFL hall of fame legend at the first possible opportunity. And he’s not finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back