Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the game between election viewing. He didn't look uninterested. I saw some pretty big chases and tackles from the GOAT. If this was any other player but Dusty, it would've been a very good player going through the motions in an already won game but media hype and other speculation just over analyses everything.

The club and players like Jack speaking their opinions are the only reason im concerned. Never seen something like this handled in such a way.

Yep not a fan of it

Its all good and well for Jack to have that attitude too, he is about to retire. What about the next generation who want to have success too?

I seriously question how much Dimma is invested in the long haul - he seems very content to do everything to make it a golden path for the golden era. He is contracted to 2024 - surely he see's that these things make life harder to rebuild in those years. I get the impression he will leave before then & likely take another job elsewhere.

Yep not a fan of it

Its all good and well for Jack to have that attitude too, he is about to retire. What about the next generation who want to have success too?

I seriously question how much Dimma is invested in the long haul - he seems very content to do everything to make it a golden path for the golden era. He is contracted to 2024 - surely he see's that these things make life harder to rebuild in those years. I get the impression he will leave before then & likely take another job elsewhere.

If you watched 360 it sounded like hardwick is already thinking about retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep not a fan of it

I dont agree with this, Dimma's ways haven't always worked but I trust him and he's earned that much.

If you watched 360 it sounded like hardwick is already thinking about retirement.

I don't - its unwatchable. But i am not surprised to hear that.

I have written alot about him over his change in behaviour since the hub - its behaviour of a guy with zero *s to the collateral damage of his comments and actions. I was a big, MASSIVE, Dimma fan for years - but the last 2.5 have really had be wondering wtf is going on. Its why i have mentioned his personal life - in a vaccum what happened in his personal life would not be important - but in the scope of other things that have happened, it shows a certain erratic & disregard to the collateral damage of his words and decisions.

I don't - its unwatchable. But i am not surprised to hear that.

I have written alot about him over his change in behaviour since the hub - its behaviour of a guy with zero ducks to the collateral damage of his comments and actions. I was a big, MASSIVE, Dimma fan for years - but the last 2.5 have really had be wondering wtf is going on. Its why i have mentioned his personal life - in a vaccum what happened in his personal life would not be important - but in the scope of other things that have happened, it shows a certain erratic & disregard to the collateral damage of his words and decisions.

I don't watch it often either but it was on the telly so I paid attention to the Hardwick / Robbo questions and I thought it was rather worrying.

* the main board reckon he is,

worth a 2nd rounder at best
we will get what we get
has mental health issues
physical issues
hasn't played good footy for 2 years
likely to retire

Footy peeps really do have the shortest memories.

**** the main board reckon he is,

we will get what we get
has mental health issues
physical issues
likely to retire

Mental Health Issues - man, an entire generation that thinks they have created awareness about it - but when it comes down to it, they are more than ready to devalue you or make light of such problems just to get a discount or a laugh out of it. gross

**** the main board reckon he is,

we will get what we get
has mental health issues
physical issues
likely to retire

The main board also think Carlton are capable of winning the Premiership :D.

They are not that bright. Suggest avoid at all costs.

The main board also think Carlton are capable of winning the Premiership :D.

They are not that bright. Suggest avoid at all costs.
You are under estimating the Carlton team of 2022 and beyond imo

They have alot of very good pieces in place and are a genuine flag threat and are certainly top 4 material
Richmond had Guns in place with Cotchin , Martin , Rance , Riewoldt and acquired Prestia , Nank , Caddy through trades. Carlton are in a very similar position with enough gun players.

A- Graders
Mackay - Lynch
Curnow - Riewoldt
Cotchin - Cripps
Martin - Walsh (different player but is a gun mid)
Wietering - Rance

Acquired players
Saad , Cerra , Hewett ,

They have sufficient fire power up foward and midfield is becoming top 2-3
They really are only lacking another key defender and a decent #1 Ruckman but have a very very good young Ruck in De Koning with a nice sprinkling of young talent coming through.

Carlton are looking good now for a long run playing finals

Yeah. Just my preference but it's far fetched.

Dimma will eat some hash cookies before trade week no doubt.

Not sure how invested Hardwick is these days

package deal
Dimma & Dusty to GWS
Tom Green & Callaghan to Richmond
Fellas, you're starting to sound like Essendon supporters. Get a grip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back