Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a tough job being an AA selector...having to dodge the Hawks 3 PEAT and the Tigers 2 PEAT...but to their credit they manage to do it, avoiding 5 GF oppo players...bravo!
What a load of BS the AA selectors are.
Anti Richmond.

fantastic to see the great man barking out instructions to the younger guys, he is heavily invested in the leadership group no doubt about it. would have been an actual certainty to be NAMED in one of the captaincy or the leadership group/s, but typical Dusty would have chosen to avoid the Limelight and just simmer in the background.
View attachment dm1.mp4

I'm interested if those 'ITK' are still hellbent on Dusty not going anywhere?

Ralph Carr coming out and saying he will sit down with Dustin at the end of the year to see how he's feeling doesn't fill me with confidence. I know he's done that historically in the past, but it's still laced with danger I feel.

Thoughts?

Ralph Carr coming out and saying he will sit down with Dustin at the end of the year to see how he's feeling doesn't fill me with confidence. I know he's done that historically in the past, but it's still laced with danger I feel.

Thoughts?
I honestly think he'll either sign on for another year (possibly two) with us or he'll retire.

Thoughts?
It's the usual story. Happens every time. He'll be right. I don't know why people get caught up in the drama.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS quite a lot lately, with nearly everyone gone from the club there is a very good chance Dusty would retire up there after a season or two.

Dusty going to play his 300th game
At gmhba stadium in front of 300 richmond supporters
If we rest him for one more game b4 cats game,,he will play his 300th game against the crows at Adelaide Oval in front of * all richmond supporters
Next game is home game at mcg against Hawks
What should the club do???

Thoughts?
Is he still banging Tina arena?

If we rest him for one more game b4 cats game,,he will play his 300th game against the crows at Adelaide Oval in front of * all richmond supporters
Out with leg for two games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't stay i think. Everybody else is pretty well all gone that have achieved success. I think he'll be looking for something new to motivate him on as PRO is now a graveyard to him.
I disagree, the comforst of knowing whats at PRO is better to him than the uncertainty of everything a new club brings IMO.

If he doesn't play with us next year, he's retired IMO

Well playing his 300 at the home ground of the club that did more to help us win 3 flags than any other seems fitting.

Rest him for 2 games and play him at the G

Im not going to alphabet or SA
both sh!t holes

He won't stay i think. Everybody else is pretty well all gone that have achieved success. I think he'll be looking for something new to motivate him on as PRO is now a graveyard to him.
Im actually OK with that and not too fussed
He owes us nothing and is a Richmond legend

Go down to Geelong and Dusty on his 300th repeats another dose of his 2020 GF heroics on those campaigners in front of a packed house of Scatters......

play it at scat park and we win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back