Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was a mod I'd give people 2 posts to talk about the greatest Tiger ever leaving & what he's worth then ban them for a fortnight. I'm so sick of 99% of Dusty posts being about him leaving or what he's worth and tumbleweeds about how great his accomplishments are or anything positive in general. The videos too large but anyone with Tiktok check out some of his highlights to appreciate and remember just how blessed we've been. FFS's even during his GWS tour (after the club insulted him offering a 💩 contract whilst Conca was on $600k) he was clear he loved it here and didn't want to leave.

what are you, the "post" Nazi?

Seinfeld Soup GIF

If it upsets you..... don't read it?

Reckon the champ is nearly cooked. Maybe a permanent fwd pocket is the go
Looked good last year, but still don't think he has been the same player prior to the kidney injury, has not started the season well we should not be expecting him to be the difference anymore he is almost 33. and has lost the power in his legs.

Looked good last year, but still don't think he has been the same player prior to the kidney injury, has not started the season well we should not be expecting him to be the difference anymore he is almost 33. and has lost the power in his legs.
Was damn good last week with a couple of classic goals and moved particularly well , was a bit surprised he didn’t go into midfield for a burst , reckon 90% deep forward

Was damn good last week with a couple of classic goals and moved particularly well , was a bit surprised he didn’t go into midfield for a burst , reckon 90% deep forward
He can't run anymore even on offense has lost a yard he was never quick to begin with but it's burst power he has lost in his legs.
despite reports he was flying again in the pre-season... I never fall for it he is done as a superstar player we just need to accept that he isn't a huge loss anymore.

Brilliant first half, but was gassed by the end of it. Hopefully he should still get us a first rounder. 😂
I don't think we will get much for him, he is 33 years old & is free agent so it would be a pretty s**t compensation pick back, but he frees up a lot of salary that's the big one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people watching a different Dusty to the one I am seeing. Has had 2 brilliant first halves and faded right out of both games second half. He normally finishes seasons better than he starts them, this was certainly the case last year. We look a different team whenever he gets near the ball, and his effort around the ball remains first class.

Has phoned it in ever since the old man passed. Time to move on
bit harsh.
Not brownlow levels but was very, very good last year.
The start of this year slowed by some injury and playing a lot up fwd so far.

The whole fwd line has been a work in progress

Think being a general forward is the go for the great one now, doesn't have the legs for major midfield minutes and he has never been a big two way runner. We desperately need his ball use in the forward half and he is always a mis match inside F 50, the odd centre bounce then push forward

Think being a general forward is the go for the great one now, doesn't have the legs for major midfield minutes and he has never been a big two way runner. We desperately need his ball use in the forward half and he is always a mis match inside F 50, the odd centre bounce then push forward
Yeah, saw that happen a few times yesterday when Houston just ran off him and was able to present himself in the forward half.

So Dusty is on 291 games and needs to miss 2 so he doesn't play his 300th at GMHBA or AO the week after the Cats game.
ATM by missing this week's game V Swans he will play his 300th V Crows at AO, so pencil in another missed game before the Crows game. Dusty will then play his 300th game V Hawks at the MCG "Tigers home game".

So Dusty is on 291 games and needs to miss 2 so he doesn't play his 300th at GMHBA or AO the week after the Cats game.
ATM by missing this week's game V Swans he will play his 300th V Crows at AO, so pencil in another missed game before the Crows game. Dusty will then play his 300th game V Hawks at the MCG "Tigers home game".

I wonder if he’ll miss one of the next two games, next week we play at suburban Norwood Oval followed by Optus Stadium in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back