Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed a few training sessions.

Checked out emotionally already.

That comes to me from a source close to one of his teammates.
Broad on a podcast said he wouldn't be surprised if he went to the gold coast at the end of the season, mentioned the contingenet of the ex richmond people up there. Equally Broad said he wouldn't be surprised if martin stayed at richmond

I think that is exaggerating things. It is no doubt impossible to keeping performing at the 2017-2021 Martin level for 5+ years. Now he is playing in a group that has some C graders. I am confident though he is fulfilling all his club assigned targets/ expectations. It's up to the next group of leaders to lead. Dusty will play his role if the rest of the club plays its role - including the assistant coaches, player development coaches and match committee on team selection.
No player is above criticism (except Dustin Martin - he is exactly where the club is currently).

Fingers need to be pointed elsewhere.

Give the bloke a break ffs. Should be untouchable.
I clearly saw him limping few times running back to the bench v Blooze so genuinely not right.
And he ain’t going anywhere….

Hmmmm... I got told late last year that he would have left this year if he could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see money would be an issue. If he wants to stay he will, if not so be it.
Yeah it’s completely up to him
Stay, play elsewhere or retire

Can’t really worry about what we can’t control when the ball is entirely in Dusty’s court

I hope he retires. Doesn’t seem right running around for plastics or helping afl to grow interstate markets. Should just ride off into the sunset.
Depends how this year unfolds , if he plays > 15 games at a good level , he won’t retire . Less than that , every chance to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back