Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers

#sobrave
I probably need to look for another word other than brave, which is getting a bit of a bad rap of late. Nah stuff it. It was brave. Or courageous.

Glad Jobe got happy, and believes happiness can be continued with EFC.

Club has some soul to go with this year's spirit. Look forward to being an innocent, naive, pure football fan again in 2017!

That interview was amazing - he seems in such a great headspace and so zen. Makes me really happy for him that he can come out opf all of this in such a great space.

I'd join the cult of Jobe

Jobe's new fav band?

image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is everybody talking about his hat.

The real talking point has to be those shoes/socks/whatever the **** they are

View attachment 291925
Never noticed before now. Good call. They are so strange that I don't know if I really really want to have some or really really want them burned. I have a strange attraction to threshold cool terrible clothing.

In the presser, it was interesting that he said yes to everything that was suggested to him while overseas.
In New York, that could be absolutely anything.

I'm glad you got your captain back. Watson looks about 5 years younger than he did a year back so I wouldn't be that surprised if he can recapture some of his best form. It was a brave decision on his part, and much better for AFL fans to see him play out his career on his own terms.

It was probably a bit of an optical illusion created by the double denim.

Never noticed before now. Good call. They are so strange that I don't know if I really really want to have some or really really want them burned. I have a strange attraction to threshold cool terrible clothing.
I want them. Honestly think they look super cool.

Probably indicates to everyone that I'm super not cool. :(

Great news! Really pleased that Jobe isn't going to allow such a farce define how his career ends. That he owns that moment is a brilliant decision. He seems so fresh and ready now as well, deciding that he's at peace with everything no matter which way it goes means the burden is gone. I reckon he realised there are some things more important than the football fishbowl.

There was a NAB Cup game a few years ago against GWS, where Watto took on Plowman 1 on 1, and you could see the fun in his footy then as he toyed with the GWS kid then. Really looking forward to seeing all the boys run out next year with the weight lifted and a new mindset. If there's any ill feeling, I hope Hirdy and the boys can reconcile.

Also, the hat's cool. More men should be feminists. And those shoes actually look really comfortable.

Edit: And welcome back, Jobe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back