Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Jobe, thanks for being the face of the club for the past 4 years, its been a s**t storm but youre form isnt up to scratch.

Were gonna send you out to Lreston on the weekend.
That ok?

I would retire then and there as a major kick in the teeth to one of our clubs greatests captains

So as a former Captain Jobe deserves special treatment? Judging by what your saying Brent Stanton should crack it and retire also.

So as a former Captain Jobe deserves special treatment? Judging by what your saying Brent Stanton should crack it and retire also.
This literally makes no sense. You talk about Jobe getting special treatment because he is a former captain then mention Stanton?

His form isn't what we are accustomed to for Jobe sure, but hardly terrible either.
If he was absolutely terrible he might get a week or two 'rest' but he has been solid so he keeps his spot

EDIT: averaging 25 touches and 5 tackles, more than servicable

This literally makes no sense. You talk about Jobe getting special treatment because he is a former captain then mention Stanton?

Sorry it was unclear. I was saying if Jobe should retire the minute he's dropped because he's been a great servant of this footy club then why hasn't Stanton cracked it and retired.
His form isn't what we are accustomed to for Jobe sure, but hardly terrible either.
If he was absolutely terrible he might get a week or two 'rest' but he has been solid so he keeps his spot

EDIT: averaging 25 touches and 5 tackles, more than servicable

I never said Jobe should be dropped I said we have to asses his position in the 22 like every other player.

My point is that he shouldn't receive preferential treatment based on what he's done in the past.

My point is that he shouldn't receive preferential treatment based on what he's done in the past.

I don't think he should be offered a new Buddy type contract, but I also don't think he should get the Gach/Yestin/Slattery deal either.

His past absolutely earns him a bit more grace going forward than some others would have. Just as it did Fletcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back