Scape Goat 4 Port players eat food and watch swimming (CONFIRMED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the players were not representing the club or the AFL in any way shape or form and were basically a few mates hanging out on their own time the AFL can basically piss off.

That it was a dumb thing to do and they've dragged Zak into it needs to be answered for though and a repremand is probably in order.

The officials in Marion should not have let them in if the didn't wear masks at the entrance. They won't let you into AO without a mask - its part of Covid protocols.

Lol, which gate is this at?

I have my mask on well before I reach the plaza outside the East gate, but I've also seen the blue coats:
  • admit patrons whose masks don't cover their nose,
  • admit patrons whose masks are around their chin, and
  • hand maskless-patrons a disposable mask but not require the patron to put it on.
Hell, I've seen someone be handed a mask, drop it to the ground between bag-check and the turnstiles, and skip merrily on through.

The problem is devolving the responsibility of COVID marshalls to the lowest paid workers and not providing them with training or oversight.

All that said, our players ought to have known better than to put themselves and the club in this position.

I think a suspended fine for the club and internal sanctions for the players is about right, but if we cop a $25k fine we should take our medicine and move on.

Yeah just contact tracing

That has nothing to do with your hotel quarantine breach or Victorian contact tracing That's hospital policies that have been broken.

Casual workers have been legally working within different sites in federally run aged care facilities which caused outbreaks in those homes which shouldn't of happened but you pick this one out?

Last edited:
Hell, I've seen someone be handed a mask, drop it to the ground between bag-check and the turnstiles, and skip merrily on through.

And yet at Thursday night's game I ducked down to go to the toilet in the last quarter and was stopped by a police officer at the bottom of the stairs and instructed to put my mask on lest I start a major covid-19 crisis and whole of state lockdown by taking a quick piss without a piece of cloth on my face. A few minutes later, there we all were, cramming on to our respective buses and trains for the mask-less journey home.

But the rules are the rules. As utterly illogical as they certainly are. Whether they are enforced strictly and consistently is another matter entirely, of course.

And rest assured that AFL players in this pissant town will always be held to a higher standard by a branch office media that thinks journalism is about reading hyped up twitter posts off auto cues and a general public who have nothing else in their petty inconsequential lives to get excited about than playing dibber-dobber at swimming carnivals.

Last edited:
As the players were not representing the club or the AFL in any way shape or form and were basically a few mates hanging out on their own time the AFL can basically piss off.

That it was a dumb thing to do and they've dragged Zak into it needs to be answered for though and a repremand is probably in order.

Now, now let's not apply any logic to the situation this is the AFL.

That has nothing to do with your hotel quarantine breach or Victorian contact tracing That's hospital policies that have been broken.

Casual workers have been legally working within different sites in federally run aged care facilities which caused outbreaks in those homes which shouldn't of happened but you pick this one out?

It’s the first time anyone in Victoria has admitted any responsibility for anything.

Ever.

I thought it worth highlighting.

I have my mask on well before I reach the plaza outside the East gate, but I've also seen the blue coats:
  • hand maskless-patrons a disposable mask but not require the patron to put it on.
Hell, I've seen someone be handed a mask, drop it to the ground between bag-check and the turnstiles, and skip merrily on through. ...
I've seen that at both the Southern and Northern Adelaide Oval gates. That doesn't absolve people from abiding by the venues mask wearing requirements though.

12 year olds are exempt anyway.

The problem is devolving the responsibility of COVID marshalls to the lowest paid workers and not providing them with training or oversight.

All that said, our players ought to have known better than to put themselves and the club in this position.

I think a suspended fine for the club and internal sanctions for the players is about right, but if we cop a $25k fine we should take our medicine and move on.
For the showdown I was asked where my mask was before I have the chance to say I forgot mine at home at the bag search table.

I haven't taken a huge notice but people immediately in front of me have had masks on and are scanning the QR code, but that might be because I walk towards the pillar that has the code stuck on it and people there have masks on and I join the line next to the pillar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should the Club get any sanction? From what I can gather this was not a Club sponsored activity and the players were there as private citizens. The Crows players on a plane were returning from an official AFL activity so there is a difference.

The PAFC cannot babysit these guys 24 hours a day and the players have to take responsibility for their own actions.

The AFL probably will not see it like that but why should Port supporters accept the AFL's dumb logic?

There shouldn't be an afl fine but when Pepper was suspended because there was no findings then anything is possible.

Rules are rules but we are over the top in sa, and we are inconsistent. Ignore whether you are a player or not, but not wearing a mask when seated at AO compared to wearing a mask at Marion SC is odd.

It’s the first time anyone in Victoria has admitted any responsibility for anything.

Ever.

I thought it worth highlighting.
Hows that the governments fault?
Management at those hospitals broke hospital policy.

When is SA upgrading their hotels to be either purpose built for quarantine or at the very least meet AMA standards?

Also no government ever admits fault. Ever. They just improve their systems or pretend to, let's not kid ourselves, Labor or liberal both are the same. Yours blamed the pizza man, gladdys now blaming their current outbreak on a airport delivery driver not wearing correct PPE referring it to a "police investigation" instead of a oversight in their systems and the federal government wipes there hands clean over this mess of a vaccine rollout and their neglect of their aged care facilities..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back