Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Their first next year for saad and maybe a third or 4th back to them.

This year not the year to be going into a draft with 3 first rounders.

i expect Carlton to push toward finals next year so we’d likely end up with about pick 10.

they end up with one of the best small backs in the game plus another mid range pick. We get a good hand in next years draft.

fair

Their first next year for saad and maybe a third or 4th back to them.

This year not the year to be going into a draft with 3 first rounders.

i expect Carlton to push toward finals next year so we’d likely end up with about pick 10.

they end up with one of the best small backs in the game plus another mid range pick. We get a good hand in next years draft.

fair

Ive been pushing this suggestion for some time. Carlton surely back themselves in to get better in 2021.

I like the idea of Carlton giving up a future first. I'm always willing to bet on Carlton somehow being absolute crap in any given year.
Plus wouldn't it be glorious if they somehow finished bottom 4 because lets face it most years the only thing Carltank have going for them is a high draft pick.

I dunno about Carlton's list anyway, their midfield looks pretty fragile. I could see them coming down the ladder if some of their geriatrics fall off.

I like the idea of Carlton giving up a future first. I'm always willing to bet on Carlton somehow being absolute crap in any given year.
Plus wouldn't it be glorious if they somehow finished bottom 4 because lets face it most years the only thing Carltank have going for them is a high draft pick.

I dunno about Carlton's list anyway, their midfield looks pretty fragile. I could see them coming down the ladder if some of their geriatrics fall off.
Would be nice but I fully expect them to be better than they have in the last few years. No games from Charlie Curnow, Caleb Marchback, Lochie O'Brien or Liam Stocker this year, an improvement in Will Setterfield, Tom De Koning, and even Jacob Weitering whilst the recruitment of Saad and Zac Williams could tip them into a very dangerous side if they aren't already.

They have a staple at either end (McKay/Fwd and Weitering/Def) and the midfield is starting to bat with some depth.

IF ...
I'm running the Blues ...

THEN ...
the Saad deal gets done really early in Trade Period. Bank it, maybe even pay overs. Move on to the next target.

I wish Damo was in charge of the blues

1 week jounos are saying Dodoro should just do a deal and now Barrett is saying blues should pay overs 😂

Pick 8 which will ballon to pick 11ish is about right. No need for more.
If I recall correctly, Damo was very pro-Essendon during trade period last year, before giving us an absolute serve and a half as soon as the deadline had passed.

If I recall correctly, Damo was very pro-Essendon during trade period last year, before giving us an absolute serve and a half as soon as the deadline had passed.
Yeah, i recall Barrety saying it was incumbent on the Swans to stump up our demands considering they lured a contract player and so late in the year.

When it turned out we knocked back pick 9 and a future first, he gave us a (deserving in hindsight) clip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton put 8 on the table straight away and make it known publicly, then they would take all negotiation ability out of Dodoros hands. He'd be obliged to take it straight up from the club.

If Carlton offer their first as an outright swap for Saad I’d take that in a heartbeat, it’s the best offer we’d be getting.

More likely we’ll be wanting their first, and will have to send something back along with Saad if we’re going to get it. Or they’ll split theirs with Geelong or Brisbane and offer a later first.

This is the very scenario where a club must pay overs. You can’t expect to pry a player out of a club like this and not do so. It’s on Carlton to come up with the deal here. Their first round pick either this year or next year is the absolute minimum required to get the deal done. None of this sending a pick back crap (unless it’s a third rounder or less) and even then we will need a later pick back (I.e 4th) so we can trade for 2MP or use in the draft.

Latest whisper is it will not just be pick 7 that gets the deal done. Blues looking for more in return.
I think this domino falls straight after the Daniher one.

Daniher for 16, 17
Saad, 17 for 7, 27

Easy, straightforward, watch them * it up

I think this domino falls straight after the Daniher one.

Daniher for 16, 17
Saad, 17 for 7, 27

Easy, straightforward, watch them fu** it up
Brisbane not going to trade either. Certainly not both those picks.

Brisbane not going to trade either. Certainly not both those picks.
Not so sure about that, but fair enough if you think that's the case.

Why would they bother ?
He's their missing piece in their mind. Brisbane are professionals, that deal is good for them.

He's their missing piece in their mind. Brisbane are professionals, that deal is good for them.
Walk him through to the PSD.
May well happen a bit this year.

If Carlton offer their first as an outright swap for Saad I’d take that in a heartbeat, it’s the best offer we’d be getting.

More likely we’ll be wanting their first, and will have to send something back along with Saad if we’re going to get it. Or they’ll split theirs with Geelong or Brisbane and offer a later first.
Yeah probably, id take it as well. My point was more on the if/then Barrett thing that got posted. Carlton can say day 1 pick 8 for Saad and then walk out of the room. They wouldn't even have to sit down with Dodo, he'd be forced to accept it by the club. There would be no negotiations. Also, not that it matters but the wider football media/list managers would agree that its close to a fair deal, slightly overs if anything. Saad is valued at a mid 1st by most neutrals. 8 is technically a mid 1st although close to being classified as an early 1st. Saad is just behind Merrett as our best player of the last 3 years. Those 2 then daylight. He's in his prime and being offered a 5 year deal on 650k+. 8 in this draft is really close. How easy the deal is will all come down to Carlton.

I really don't think they'll be able to split 7 into 2 picks anymore. The only candidates would be Brisbane (Daniher trade perhaps) and Geelong (Cameron trade). Very few teams will be willing to trade their future first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back