Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 18: Insert your ideas here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Trump *s around on a golf course. Call it whatever you like but it certainly isn’t the game of golf.

Trump is well known for winning club championships he hadn’t even played in, claiming: “I would have won if I had of been here.” When boasting about his eighteen (18) club championships, Gary Player scoffed: “I told him that if anyone beats him, he kicks them out. So, he had to win.”

In early ‘23 he claimed the Senior Club championship at Trump International Golf Club, in Palm Beach, despite spending the first round attending the North Carolina funeral for the vlogger Diamond.

In August he claimed to have shot 67, at his New Jersey golf course, to take out the senior's club championship - matching Tour event winner Cameron Smith, and a full eight shots better than Phil Mickelson. He signs and lodges a scorecard every second year or so.

Club Championships are stroke events over 4 consecutive rounds. You do not pick up from a greenside bunker claiming you would have holed it, have your caddy throw the ball back on the fairway from the rough, or take a mulligan when fluffing a shot.
Waiting for the rally rant that includes him shooting a round of 18 holes in one, like his "lover" [in Trump's voice talking about FBI agents]

Thing is he may not want to oppress the population but people with the dictator impulses of a trump tend to get rather paranoid, which can lead to oppression.

Orban would be his starting point, but if he got a lot of push back I could see him wanting to use violent force.

As you said, I don’t really want to find out and preventing him from getting into power is by far the better option.
Def agree on this, unless we read his mind, we don't know.

Again, speculating it's non oppressive liberal isolationist society, it would suit conservative minded liberals .

And that's the worry for me, you wouldn't wanna be, female, trans, lgbtqi or any other marginalised minority.

The other worry for me, as I've said earlier we lose a democracy as a reliable ally, maybe even incrementally completely! Given him and his base have an isolationist ideology.

Scary stuff.

Oh please. A free & liberal society with overt conservatism? Like stopping abortion, punching down on anyone not heterosexual, destroying the environment in the name of profit & persecuting dissenting media voices? Yeah that screams freedom to me.

Authoritarian states (one party, one person in charge) get more authoritarian by necessity. What happens to people who try to challenge Putin? You think everyone in the US is going to lie down & take it?
See post 8752

Trump *s around on a golf course. Call it whatever you like but it certainly isn’t the game of golf.

Trump is well known for winning club championships he hadn’t even played in, claiming: “I would have won if I had of been here.” When boasting about his eighteen (18) club championships, Gary Player scoffed: “I told him that if anyone beats him, he kicks them out. So, he had to win.”

In early ‘23 he claimed the Senior Club championship at Trump International Golf Club, in Palm Beach, despite spending the first round attending the North Carolina funeral for the vlogger Diamond.

In August he claimed to have shot 67, at his New Jersey golf course, to take out the senior's club championship - matching Tour event winner Cameron Smith, and a full eight shots better than Phil Mickelson. He signs and lodges a scorecard every second year or so.

Club Championships are stroke events over 4 consecutive rounds. You do not pick up from a greenside bunker claiming you would have holed it, have your caddy throw the ball back on the fairway from the rough, or take a mulligan when fluffing a shot.

This would be a match-up for the ages.

I'd watch.

Just imagine the shenanigans.

images.jpg

Yes that is true. He was pushed out by the Tea-baggers. The last of the moderate Speakers for the GOP. Unfortunately, he only constituency now is the Silent Cowards Caucus, and they are dwindling.
Still always good to have a known GOPer say something publicaly against Trump. Helps bolster moderate voters who are still unsure or misinformed.
Not sure I would even remotely call John Boehner a moderate Republican. It's wild that we're at the point where that is even a possible though.

Trickle down economics, you know, that joke rich folks play on the poor repeatedly.
Funny thing about that, I remember back in early 80s at school during Reagan, and in my basic first year econ course, we went over it and basically debunked it in class.
It is the x-ray specs, boner pill, snake oil spam that the masses keep getting fooled by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be a match-up for the ages.

I'd watch.

Just imagine the shenanigans.

View attachment 1933115

This would cause some kind of infinite loop paradox of black hole proportions.

Since neither can be seen to lose at anything their individual minder/caddies would be one upping their counterparts with cheating. They would both end up scoring in negative numbers. Like one of those kids games where you say infinity and someone says infinity x2 and on it goes.

Of all the things I find contemptible about Trump it’s the infantile need to cheat at a game that reveals just how insecure and pathetic he is.

It's just occurred to me that:

• George H.W. Bush lost the 1992 election
  • Bob Dole lost the 1996 election
  • George W. Bush won the 2000 election but lost the popular vote
  • George W. Bush won the 2004 election
  • John McCain lost the 2008 election
  • Mitt Romney lost the 2012 election
  • Donald Trump won the 2016 election but lost the popular vote
  • Donald Trump lost the 2020 election

Only one Republican has won the presidential popular vote since George H.W. Bush did so at the 1988 election. That's 1 out of 8 attempts. Now that doesn't mean Trump couldn't pull off another victory, but it says something about demography and the ability of a GOP candidate to win majority support for president.

Funny thing about that, I remember back in early 80s at school during Reagan, and in my basic first year econ course, we went over it and basically debunked it in class.
It is the x-ray specs, boner pill, snake oil spam that the masses keep getting fooled by.
I think it is more the belief that they will be rich in the near future, and the tax cuts will benefit them.

It is the major reason why death duties is political poison, and has not been seriously considered for 20 years.

HTF these people think they, or their parents, will end up in the top 0.5% of wealthy Australians beggers belief - fantasy land, hence the inordinate fear.

Albo might need a new ambassador

Lol

Last edited:

When he buys a new course he always wins the inaugural club championship - buys golf course, plays round by himself, calls it the first Club Championship, wins.

Probably still cheats despite literally no other competitor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back