Retired # 5: Devon Smith - Hanging up the boots - Thanks for everything Devon! - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL ok. There's all those pressure forwards on our list that are taking his spot...
Slight hyperbole on my part sure but let's not act like he's performing well, or even well enough to warrant a 2 year extension. I see him in the bottom 4 players in our healthy best 22.

Slight hyperbole on my part sure but let's not act like he's performing well, or even well enough to warrant a 2 year extension. I see him in the bottom 4 players in our healthy best 22.

Depends on what you want as far as performing. Do you want him to run around doing his own thing and maybe get 20 to 25 possessions and a goal and leave Walla to do all the chasing in the forward half ? or do you want him to continue rating elite in tackles and pressure acts as a small forward and letting Walla off the leash a bit and doing what he does ?
I know which direction I am going with. Do you want blue collar team or down hill skiers collection.
Has also been playing with an elbow injury that gives him some issues at various stages.

Don't know why this hasn't been posted yet 🤔

4-6 week hamstring injury.

Forward Devon Smith will not return before Essendon’s round 13 bye after suffering a hamstring strain in the Bombers’ win over Fremantle on Sunday.

Smith sustained the strain only moments before the three-quarter time siren when having a long shot for goal, forcing the 27-year-old to be medically subbed out of the final quarter.

Head of high performance Sean Murphy said scans had confirmed Smith would not be available for selection over the next several weeks.

“Unfortunately, Dev had that hamstring strain in the last minute of the third quarter,” Murphy told Dons Digital’s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

“He’s had an MRI and he’s got a hamstring strain and we won’t see him before the bye, so it’ll be a bit of a lengthy rehab there.

“We should expect to see him after the bye.”

Essendon forward Devon Smith is on track to be available for selection for Sunday’s clash with Hawthorn at UTAS Stadium.

The 27-year-old suffered a hamstring injury in the Bombers’ round nine win over Fremantle and has missed the past three matches while completing a rehabilitation program.

Head of high performance Sean Murphy said the 2018 Crichton medallist will be able to put his hand up to return to the side if he completes a full week of training.

“Dev’s progressed through his rehab really well,” Murphy told Dons Digital’s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

“His last sort of marker was to train fully this week.

“He trained fully today, and the plan will be to train Friday, hit a few little markers off and he’ll be up for selection all going well on Friday.”

Giving up the idiotic 50m for childish late hit while we had full momentum... Such a Devon play..

Worse still I knew it was happening 5 seconds before he did
you should’ve said something to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one of the worst games I’ve seen from an Essendon player. Almost single handedly lost us the game with his blatant frees against. I used to like him but all signs suggest he’s cooked. Stick a fork in him and move him on.

Putrid and selfish.

Don't care how thin our list is atm and how much we need pressure smalls, I'd genuinely consider dropping him to the VFL to make an example of him.

Not possible at the moment, but this should be on the table.

Doesn’t mean he’s finished, but I’ll discipline and pointless cheap shots are not a good look and undoing the good things he actually does which is generally ratchet up the forward pressure and use it in a constructive manner.

Dead last in the rankings for the game. He's fallen off the cliff so hard. We were better off without him the past few weeks. Too bad Snelling is out injured IMG_20210621_004506.jpg

It’s not often I say I hate an essendon player, but I can’t stand him. Makes simple selfish errors then, when a team mates stuffs up he’s the first to berate them. Be better, how was he in the leadership group, terrible influence on the group and the first to give a cheap hit on the oppo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back