Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

Heeney ankle watch? Need to protect them at all costs. He looked proppy as hell after the incident
I reckon he might have copped studs to the ankle when Boyd tackled him in the last.

Umps literally ignore him being mauled without the ball at times

Somehow he still wins it /shrug

He’s unbelievable and he does it all with a glorious smile. Seeing him win a flag would give me great joy.

The sort of player who should be the face of the game. He deserves all the success that comes his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely blown away by what he's doing. He's putting together one of the best individual season's ever - and doing so in the FIRST season he's actually played his current role i.e. full-time midfielder. How many players in the history of our game have dominated like that after being moved into a new position well into their careers?!

Remarkable. He's still not getting enough credit.

I really hope he can keep it up or at least continue to pull out a big game on a regular-ish basis.

Realistically, he could win the Brownlow by only polling in another 5-6 games. I'd have him on 19 votes already:

vs Dees - 3
vs Pies - 3
vs Dons - 3
vs Tigers - 1
vs Eagles - 3
vs Suns - 1
vs Hawks - 2
vs Giants - 1
vs Freo - 2

Does that look right to most?
vs Blues - 2

Round 10 - 21 votes

This version of Heeney is probably the most complete player I've ever seen play for us. There's not a single attribute or part of his game that isn't elite. Speed, Strength, Evasiveness, Arial ability, Clean hands, beautiful kick on both sides and lays some of the most text book perfect tackles you'll ever see.

Also I wonder what a sliding doors moment those Mills and Parker injuries were for Heeney.

It sounds like he was training with the midfield group all preseason so maybe this move was all planned anyway. Not that it matters but I'd love to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I wonder what a sliding doors moment those Mills and Parker injuries were for Heeney.

It sounds like he was training with the midfield group all preseason so maybe this move was all planned anyway. Not that it matters but I'd love to know.

Just want to see this Heeney and the best mid Mills together now

By all reports, he was a junior Bradman in all the sports he played as a junior, incl soccer and cricket (in addition to AFL & League).
As Horse has said previously, Heeney is a competitive beast and I feel he's a bit like Jude in his early years when his toughness isn't as appreciated as it should be.

This version of Heeney is probably the most complete player I've ever seen play for us. There's not a single attribute or part of his game that isn't elite. Speed, Strength, Evasiveness, Arial ability, Clean hands, beautiful kick on both sides and lays some of the most text book perfect tackles you'll ever see.

Goodes?

Isaac ' Harry High Pants' Heeney
0bf51002ac0ae2ad0152bc21ba6a544e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

He's in that form now where the game has slowed down so much for him. Seems to have all the time in the world to do his thing because he's just that good.

After pumping him up for years, I'm just satisfied that he's hitting his potential week after week to the point that I'm not even fussed re the Brownlow. It's tough to compete with some of the spectacular things Buddy did, but he's my favourite player to watch given every single thing he does is at an elite standard. You just don't see that.

If he stays healthy and keeps what he's doing it'll go a long way to winning us a flag.

He's in that form now where the game has slowed down so much for him. Seems to have all the time in the world to do his thing because he's just that good.
So true. If you watch the goal where he gets the tap from Logan, it's like he had 30 minutes to get into position and another 30 minutes to take that goal. He's just so classy and effortless this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back