Autopsy 76 point Team Effort win vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as we would all like there is nothing to see here with Wicks situation the media are going to blow this up to epic proportions. It’s what they do.
The media are campaigners

I feel like Sam Mitchell's attitude towards his players getting more aggressive as the game went on didn't help his team.

He started the game with a group that was fully committed but making mistakes and ended it with a group who looked like they barely gave a damn and were still making mistakes.

I'm no coaching expert but just seemed like the totally wrong approach to take with a young side that was having a genuine crack against a team way above them.
Mitchell is coaching as he played, which was like a nasty angry bully boy. I still don’t get how he got the gig.

Was that the one when the Hawk player was lining up for goal from 50 out? They showed a replay, didn't look like much
I mentioned that on the game day thread, it looked like he punched Blakey in the throat. Surly the MRP might have a word or two to say about it.

If there is indeed nothing to this Wicks thing get Mills off his arse and front the media and say just that. We have an opportunity this year to do something special so we need the spirit and camaraderie to be there that is the vital ingredient to team success.

Exhibit A Collingwood 2023.
This is the only way I see it going away as well

This is the only way I see it going away as well
100 percent the only way. IDGF tbh as I am not a fanatical fan who cares to much about players business or personalities. I’m a supporting member of a footy club I have loved for over 55 years and only want success for it. Could be a massive load of beat up s**t so if it is put it to bed. Preface this by saying if it is true we are going nowhere fast. We fail to turn up GF’s when we are united so how the ** do you get to one with rubbish like this. All need to grow the ** up and act like the professionals they are paid accordingly to be. Seen this happen at club level granted alot lower level and believe me ends well for anybody.

100 percent the only way. IDGF tbh as I am not a fanatical fan who cares to much about players business or personalities. I’m a supporting member of a footy club I have loved for over 55 years and only want success for it. Could be a massive load of beat up s*t so if it is put it to bed. Preface this by saying if it is true we are going nowhere fast. We fail to turn up GF’s when we are united so how the do you get to one with rubbish like this. All need to grow the * up and act like the professionals they are paid accordingly to be. Seen this happen at club level granted alot lower level and believe me ends well for anybody.

I just ask can the players get around him more? more support look at how everyone embraced got around Jack when that family feud went public.

Like i dont get it a fellow teammate is being blasted by trash media get around him on the field.

Jake Lloyd's play has been on the up as a wingman the last 3 weeks or so and yesterday was his best effort yet. Looks like he has already adjusted and settled into the role as expected. Great to see for him but also the team because I don't think his lack of athleticism is workable in defence anymore given the glut of small and hyperathletic pockets and flankers that dominate the game now. I mean, who would we play on in defence this week? A mix of Brent Daniels, Darcy Jones, Harvey Thomas, and Toby Bedford. Lloyd's best position moving forward is absolutely on the wing.
100% and I suspect this is why Roberts was tried in defence after reading the tea leaves. Magor too possibly. Robert's success has been a real bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edited for correct round.
VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
Isaac Heeney (SYD)
5 Errol Gulden (SYD)
5 Oliver Florent (SYD)
5 Nick Blakey (SYD)
5 Chad Warner (SYD)
2 Dylan Moore (HAW)
1 Logan McDonald (SYD)

LEADERBOARD​

VOTESPLAYERCLUB
54Isaac HeeneySYD
37Zach MerrettESS
33Max GawnMELB
32Jeremy CameronGEEL
32Caleb SerongFRE
31Tom GreenGWS
28Matt RowellGCFC
27Noah AndersonGCFC
27Patrick CrippsCARL
27Errol GuldenSYD

Last edited:
If there is indeed nothing to this Wicks thing get Mills off his arse and front the media and say just that. We have an opportunity this year to do something special so we need the spirit and camaraderie to be there that is the vital ingredient to team success.

Exhibit A Collingwood 2023.
I nominate Wolfgang to head the PR team.

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
Nick Blakey (SYD)
9 Brodie Grundy (SYD)
6 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
2 Errol Gulden (SYD)
2 Oliver Florent (SYD)
1 Matt Rowell (GCFC)
1 Justin McInerney (SYD)

LEADERBOARD​

VOTESPLAYERCLUB
47Isaac HeeneySYD
27Zach MerrettESS
25Christian PetraccaMELB
25Elliot YeoWCE
24Max GawnMELB
24Connor RozeePORT
23Patrick CrippsCARL
23Harry McKayCARL
23Caleb SerongFRE
22Jeremy CameronGEEL
22Errol GuldenSYD

SP that's last weeks

Gotta say that I did not see the trajectory coming in Matt Robert's improvement. He has been mighty impressive for a what, 10-gamer?

On the flip side, I feel like Braeden is being developmentally neglected, if not wasted - even if he is borderline best 23. There is far greater upside to him starting over a Lloyd or a Jordon in the medium to long term.

Not sure where Parker fits right now, whoever goes out is entitled to feel a bit hard done by.

Edited for correct round.
VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
Isaac Heeney (SYD)
5 Errol Gulden (SYD)
5 Oliver Florent (SYD)
5 Nick Blakey (SYD)
5 Chad Warner (SYD)
2 Dylan Moore (HAW)
1 Logan McDonald (SYD)

LEADERBOARD​

VOTESPLAYERCLUB
54Isaac HeeneySYD
37Zach MerrettESS
33Max GawnMELB
32Jeremy CameronGEEL
32Caleb SerongFRE
31Tom GreenGWS
28Matt RowellGCFC
27Noah AndersonGCFC
27Patrick CrippsCARL
27Errol GuldenSYD
That's one of the weirdest sets of votes I've ever seen!
4/3
5/0
0/5
3/2
1/4
2/0
0/1
Guessing Mitchell on the left but the 5/0s could be either way.

Have just watched full Replay of the game and can categorically say The Wicks saga is complete BS. Mainly all in the last qtr and after game interacted and celebrated with team mates, laughed and joked and looked every bit apart of the team in the song afterwards. His first goal from that brilliant pick up was celebrated with him by several team mates, the second in question was a case of him being the deepest forward in the square on a hard running transition goal. Jordan, Hayward and couple of others were looking for a spell and a drink rather than jumping all over Wicks who did take an eternity to get back up near the top of the 50 to get a drink. Fizz was also out of the goal by then and I hate to say it but I think there was a bit of lack of excitement there because blokes in the vicinity were thinking this is a bit easy. Although I don’t like it let’s face it Hawks although having a crack were shocking. We were good without being brilliant and the best part about that is there so much improvement in this side as the year goes on. Keep working there backsides off doing the hard things on and off the ball, being super competitive banking wins and come September we should be really at our peak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back