Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

So out of all the old champs who retires next year? I would try and move on at least two next year and probably 1-3 the following years.
These are the candidates Cotchin, Jack, Grimes, Dusty , Lynch, Prestia, Nankervis , Kmac , Pickettand Tarrant.

From the list I would retire Cotchin, JACK and Tarrant this year and KMac and Pickett next year with possibly Grimes. The list still needs to have some mature heads around for 24 and GRIMES AND Nakkers are co-captains so they stay as for the rest they’re still contracted and still capable of performing consistently at the highest level

Last edited:
So out of all the old champs who retires next year? I would try and move on at least two next year and probably 1-3 the following years.
These are the candidates Cotchin, Jack, Grimes, Dusty , Lynch, Prestia, Nankervis , Kmac , Pickettand Tarrant.

From the list I would retire Cotchin, JACK and Tarrant this year and KMac and Pickett next year with possibly Grimes. The list still needs to have some mature heads around for 24 and GRIMES AND Nakkers are co-captains so they stay as for the rest they’re still contracted and still capable of performing consistently at the highest level
Yep Cotchin, Jack and Tarant 2023. Grimes 2024, maybe Dusty depending on form, but early signs are good.

Dusty will be our oldest player next season if those 3 retire this season o_O

Cotchin, Tarrant and Riewoldt maybe but suggesting we let go of our current 4 most valuable players (Grimes,Lynch,Nank,Prestia) doesn't make sense to me

Not really sure why everybody wants to see this bloke retire

I would be more than happy to see him go on for another year if he wishes

I dont see Geelong fans in a hurry to retire Piggy Hawkins
Hawkins form is light years better than Jack's in 2023 is probably why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you for quoting my post 1 month after Harry
View attachment 1691559
It was kind of obvious 18-24 months ago. Hawkins is just coming off the AA captain season.

Over the long haul their careers are remarkably similar, Jack was the better in their early-mid years, while there's no doubt Hawkins has been the better of their late careers.

It was kind of obvious 18-24 months ago. Hawkins is just coming off the AA captain season.

Over the long haul their careers are remarkably similar, Jack was the better in their early-mid years, while there's no doubt Hawkins has been the better of their late careers.
My comments were not as a comparison to the 2 players but more the mentality of our supporters
for the last 2 years all we have heard here is about Jack retiring or should be retiring

But to pose another question
Hawkins has 26.10
Jack has 16.8

Hawkins has 12 more shots at score than jack has played 1 less game
Basically 1 less shot at goal a week less and considering how sh!t we have played is there really that much difference in output ?

Jack does not get enough credit here from our own supporters

Was one of the worst individual games I've ever seen by a player. Even the mid to late 80's spuds never played as poorly as him. Was selfish, lazy, stupid. Never dished off tried to be the hero several times. That kick into the fwd 50 straight to them and the soccer straight to them were soul crushing.

Didn't enjoy him laughing about not liking weights or being built. Cos now his leap and leads are almost gone he gets outbodied by nobodies. Ratogolea looked like Tarzan beating up Jane last week. It's too late now but I really wish he had have done more strength training over Xmas cos he literally has no tricks left to beat an opponent. Can't imagine how bad some of the gun KPD are gonna make him look. Need to bring in and rotate 2 of Bauer, Biggie and Bradtke over rest of season to see if we have anything to work with moving forward and take some pressure off Jack.

Was one of the worst individual games I've ever seen by a player. Even the mid to late 80's spuds never played as poorly as him. Was selfish, lazy, stupid. Never dished off tried to be the hero several times. That kick into the fwd 50 straight to them and the soccer straight to them were soul crushing.

Didn't enjoy him laughing about not liking weights or being built. Cos now his leap and leads are almost gone he gets outbodied by nobodies. Ratogolea looked like Tarzan beating up Jane last week. It's too late now but I really wish he had have done more strength training over Xmas cos he literally has no tricks left to beat an opponent. Can't imagine how bad some of the gun KPD are gonna make him look. Need to bring in and rotate 2 of Bauer, Biggie and Bradtke over rest of season to see if we have anything to work with moving forward and take some pressure off Jack.
Wow did he run over your cat. What a s**t take

Remove this Banner Ad

Back