Universal Love Thank You Jack Riewoldt - Link To Presser In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember watching a an under 18's game in the year before he was drafted. I remember thinking "wow this kid can take a mark, would be happy if we pick him up in the draft". We obviously ended up drafting him with pick 18 (I think our pick was down graded because of the Simmonds trade). Really glad we picked him up and watch his whole career go full circle.

I remember watching a an under 18's game in the year before he was drafted. I remember thinking "wow this kid can take a mark, would be happy if we pick him up in the draft". We obviously ended up drafting him with pick 18 (I think our pick was down graded because of the Simmonds trade). Really glad we picked him up and watch his whole career go full circle.
We traded 8 & 42 to Freo for pick 13 & Graham Polack

Sad day. Been a brutal year for the tiges and their supporters.

I couldn't have asked for much more from Jack. Always entertaining.

Feels like the end of the era for real now personally.

Good luck and thanks Jack.

View attachment 1774895
View attachment 1774896
View attachment 1774897
View attachment 1774898
View attachment 1774901

So happy he played for us.
You forgot:

7ec4b8862f0d34d2b70d3548d07727f0.jpg

It really is the end of an era. Jack was synonymous with the journey of our success. It was Cotchin's ability to become vulnerable, Dimma's willingness to delegate, embrace the individuals flaws and focus on our strengths and Jack's focus on improving those around him.

Jack was always a star player. He had the ability to find space where wasn't any. He could leap over packs and take hangers every kid dreamed of. He was a dead eye dick infront of goal and off both feet. He won Colemans. He was a multiple All Australian's. But what really defined him in the end, was Jack's ability to think of others.

I think that even Jack would admit that he was all about Jack for much of his career. He loved the spotlight and loved to make it about him (some of his goal celebrations were pretty hilarious). It was when he became a leader in the 2017 preseason (Rance is on record stating he didn't agree with the decision to elevate Jack into the leadership because of his previous narcissism), Jack sowed everyone by going to extremes to make the other forwards around him better. He would celebrate even harder and be genuinely thrilled when our small forwards succeeded. He would tackle and direct, pressure and bring the ball to ground. I don't think he worked harder in the season that on 2017 when he was essentially a lone hand as the focal point up forward. He worked so hard but for less goals - but our forwardline became dangerous, unpredictable and unconventional. There was no way we would have won our last three flags without Jack's forward leadership.

I'll never forget him on stage with the Killers but I'll never forget the hundreds of little tap ons, handballs, pinpoint kicks and run downs he did to make everyone else around him better. Jack - you were a star as a player but it was your leadership that made you a Richmond Legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Jack. So many great comments in this thread. A very nostalgic read. Champion.

Makes me proud to be a Tassie boy.

From a different perspective, I was thinking about the sheer amount of times I’ve muttered to myself, “come on Jack”, while watching at the G and Jack having a shot; mind boggling how many times he was the man in such moments. Will miss.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now it is 100% an end of an amazing era, thank you Jack. Being a Tiger fan as been a tough gig at times, but we have been totally blessed to spend 50 years watching Hart, Cloke, Roach, Richo, Riewoldt. I have loved watching his whole career. Some of the most exciting times for me was when he was in his "selfish years" in 2010-11-12. I say that very light natured as he worked so hard to be selfless for our dynasty. Those young jumping bean Jack days though really dragged this team into some early relevance, he was so much fun to watch during that difficult "rebuilding stage". It was those years of Jack that make me embrace a rebuild as i know that there are really fun times along the way, even though you dont win a flag or even win a final. Rooting for him during that time to win the Coleman was as good as a final for me, it was so much fun.

Richmond has been a dark time for most of my life, but Richo & Jack provided immense joy even when things were genuinely s**t. They made me want to keep on watching, they gave me a reason to be excited every weekend. As i get older and the game changes, its really hard to replicate that, so both their careers will always hold a dear place for me

It's surreal to have this all happening at the same time as Dimma about to accept a role for another club. I'm not sure if its a day where he should be there or not, as if he does it will become a weird distraction to the moment, & this moment really belongs to Jack & Trent. There should really be over 60,000 at this game, no excuses. Its going to be a emotional day

First time I met Jack was basically his first day at the club. We went to a coterie draft thing hosted by Flea Weightman at Punt Road and there is the new draftees.

It was catered and Jack goes up and picks up a tray of food and starts walking around and serving all the guests lol.

Knew then he was a special personality.

I was speaking to Frank at the pre draft night the club put on and he said then that Jack was special and gave the best interview they ever had. Was favourite if his and hoped he would make it to our pick.

What a ride. What a legend. Truly football won’t be the same without him in the yellow and black.

What a state of origin forward line Tassie would have, the 4 greatest forwards ever to play for us all from Tassie, which is just bizarre to think about.
(Meteoric Rise, there's some stats to work out, you who carry Ron the Bear's baton).

F: Roach, Riewoldt, Gale
HF: Richo, Hart, Stewart (resting )

What a fitting tribute for the two most important players to have pulled on the Richmond jumper this dynasty to play their last two games together.
Legends.
I was just thinking about Ron The Bear recently. Brilliant poster. Has he dropped in anywhere lately? Or has he moved on from BF?

Took my young kids to a family day at Punt Road about a decade or so ago … back in the days when Jack was seen as a selfish ‘so and so’ and certainly well before any success had come his way. Next to the stage near a fence there was one player who had remained on the ground signing kids autographs and taking photos … just one. It was Jack. He signed my kids jumpers and happily had a photo. From that day I defended him to the hilt whenever anyone sh*t canned him, as he was doing this away from the cameras or limelight of GameDay and I knew he wasn’t the man the media painted him to be.

Fortunately later in his career it became clear to
others what a selfless and caring guy he was.

Without Jack we have zero flags and are still getting laughed at. Legend player and bloke!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back