Universal Love Thank You Jack Riewoldt - Link To Presser In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute legend. Sending him and Cotch off together is a fitting end. Shame I have to work, would love to be there.

Will be an emotional day. Jack bleeds yellow and black like all of us.
Working as well, much like you damn lol can’t change it

I remember when he was first starting out and his form was so scratchy. IIRC, he had a set shot that would've won us the game against St Kilda once but he missed and was filthy with himself. He's come such a long, long way since then.

I'll never forget watching the 10 against the Eagles on the telly, and listening to Triple M as he booted 10 against the Suns. The sheer jubilation he displayed when we won the 2017 premiership was just fantastic.

It's been such a privilege to witness legends like Riewoldt and Cotchin play. This truly feels like the end of something special and in years to come I'll look back on the team from '17-20 and remember guys like Riewoldt and Cotchin. Hopefully the next generation of supporters have similar champions of the club to look forward to.
I was at that game I literally did my hammy jumping out of my seat , was a bit of wacko jacko brilliance from memory

Bloody sad to see the premiership gang slowly but surely hang up the boots. Reckon Dusty and Grimsey are feeling a bit flat atm but life goes on.
Still believe all these retirees will leave a legacy to feed off….

Go Tigs

Bloody sad to see the premiership gang slowly but surely hang up the boots. Reckon Dusty and Grimsey are feeling a bit flat atm but life goes on.
Still believe all these retirees will leave a legacy to feed off….

Go Tigs

I feel glad that we can bring up the likes of Riewoldt, Cotchin, Rance, Houli, Lambert, Edwards & Co the same way we used to be able to mention Roach, Bartlett, Jess, Raines, Weightman & Bourke. I'm sure the club will have a new batch of names in the years to come.

Things might be a bit tough this year and maybe even the next few but what a great club to follow.

Last edited:
Jack was never my favourite but I must admit today I feel a tinge of sadness that the #8 won't be around too entertain us in the yellow & black.
Well done Jack on a great career but Richo is still my favourite Tasmanian fwd.

I hope this wasn't the greatest Richmond period of my life, because that means we don't have another dynasty coming (or I don't have many years left), but if it was, what a ******* ride.
Feck it would have to be a sensational side and dynasty to beat the current one...

Champion never forget how he led that forward line as the lone tall for the benefit of the team to. We need him to stay within the club help developing the kids like Bauer etc one of the smartest footy brains in the system.

I think Jr was underrated.

You do not come along that type of player too often.

A person that can play key, second fiddle, third fiddle, or even fourth fiddle is pretty bloody rare

It is a bit like Curnow, slightly different but Curnow is probably the closest contemporary along with Darling and Gunston, those types grow less than pure key forwards

JR was a point of difference in that sense, no one had quite that type. Now we have no real point of difference. But the point of difference helped forge a different forward line in 2017 before Lynch and the question is can Curnow do that with CFC in a new special sauce this year?

Either way RFC is back in the pack well and truely when JR departs and will be sorely missed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 min into jacks presser and he does not look or sound happy at all…

And says his final game for the tigers but doesn’t say his final AFL game…

Is he going to suns or what?? He clearly thinks he can go another year
He's cooked.

1 min into jacks presser and he does not look or sound happy at all…

And says his final game for the tigers but doesn’t say his final AFL game…

Is he going to suns or what?? He clearly thinks he can go another year

Thought this was a bit ridiculous - but you're right, in both videos I don't remember hearing the "r" word...

Thought this was a bit ridiculous - but you're right, in both videos I don't remember hearing the "r" word...
Yeah I don’t think he will but I really noticed how pissed off he sounded in the first couple mins speaking and he never mentioned retiring
Only finished playing at tiger land

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of meeting Jack pre season 2017. I brought down my younger brother who was sick at the time to a training session to meet the group. Jack sat down with us for the longest out of all the players for a good half hour having a chat. Completely blew my mind how down to earth he was and just a genuine good bloke.

Thanks Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back