Universal Love Thank You Jack Riewoldt - Link To Presser In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew it was over the minute he started wearing long sleeves
Hiding all the bandages. His banged up body from being double and triple teamed at every contest down there, must take a huge toll. Probably looks like a Mummy.

Last edited:
Wish he can stay on as a coach and part time player type of role tbh, would be good to have him as backup, especially how injury prone lunch is

club just released a heap of Jack retirement merchandise, if you are keen.
some sweet prints...I grabbed the beer holder ( looks sweet)

one of the things i love about jack is his flaws- each and every one a result of his fierceness and tenacity, his unflinching desire to get the best out of himself and his team.

the media have always come for him, calling him selfish etc but we could see something in jack that cut through all the shyte in the afl and made it all about the club and the art of footy.

he is the smartest player i have ever seen.

will miss crazy eyes

inspiring and demanding

unflinching

tiger legend

It's been a privilege to watch Jack's enormous contribution to both the Tigers and to AFL in general over so many years. What a champion career!
He's a natural in the media with his intelligence and cheeky personality, so looking forward to seeing him still contribute in many ways to the game (including the development of it in Tassie).
Congratulations to him and wishing him nothing but blue skies.

Classy post Southern, good luck for the rest of the year.

Well done Jack on a great career, you will be remembered as a passionate & outstanding member of our premiership era. I hold him up there with Richo who had the hunger & passion to win, also with the hissy fits which make me laugh now that his time has come to an end. Whatever he does in the future he will succeed due to his passion that he has shown throughout his career. All the best Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longer he was at the club, the more he matured, the greater leader he become. I still remember to the day leaving training jumping the gates at Richmond station to avoid the media lol. A tiger great, will be missed.

Often tell this story. Saw him playing for Coburg in 2007 and saw him at quarter time and during the game directing blokes likes Kingsley, Schulz and Cleve Hughes (and Daniel Jackson who was playing on-ball/half forward that day), where to stand, where to lead etc. etc. All as a 19-year-old. Knew straight away he had 'leadership' written all over him and was surprised we took so long to eventually elevate him to the leadership group.
Was a leader and mature beyond his years from the day he walked into Punt Road.

I've enjoyed sticking it up friends, who always bagged him. They stopped doing it years ago.

Would be great to land another key Tassie forward to be up there alongside Jack, Royce, Richo and Disco one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back