Universal Love Thank You Jack Riewoldt - Link To Presser In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

photo-1470429346530-f5590bff80d2

The first match I took my weeks old son to was the WCE match at the G when he kicked 10.
My son has grown up idolising the big number 8 and will be shattered at the news even though we knew it would be sooner than later.
We will miss the spectacle Jack puts on every time he walks on the field and the Mad Eyes after scoring a rousing goal.
Get that Zimmer frame moving old man Jack for one last run on the field.
We will be there to watch and cheer you on one last time and shed a tear no doubt as you leave the field as a true tiger champion.

Will never be able to thank Jack enough for what he’s given to tiger fans , he was the spark to our re emergence that started back in 2011/12 , what a finals player he was , there’s been bigger names than jack that have failed to deliver on the big stage not our jack ,,,,enjoy post footy mr bright side

Jumping Jack was no flash amazing long career added his very own illustrious page to one of the most storied football clubs in the world the Mighty Richmond Tigers.

What I will miss the most is those crazy eyes when he kicked a big goal what passion he had for his Tigers.

Well earned retirement JR8

1692071725608.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute legend. Sending him and Cotch off together is a fitting end. Shame I have to work, would love to be there.

Will be an emotional day. Jack bleeds yellow and black like all of us.

It's going to be so strange not seeing Cotchin, Riewoldt and potentially Martin running around in the yellow and black. It will be like watching a whole new side. Seen the evolution of this team from the start and not having these stalwarts is going to take some time to adjust to. Was there in the rooms when Jack kicked 10 against WC and he was as cocky as they come but deep down so glad that he stuck with us. Told me that he would kick 15 one day, well Jack, it's got to be this week then.

Last edited:
I remember when he was first starting out and his form was so scratchy. IIRC, he had a set shot that would've won us the game against St Kilda once but he missed and was filthy with himself. He's come such a long, long way since then.

I'll never forget watching the 10 against the Eagles on the telly, and listening to Triple M as he booted 10 against the Suns. The sheer jubilation he displayed when we won the 2017 premiership was just fantastic.

It's been such a privilege to witness legends like Riewoldt and Cotchin play. This truly feels like the end of something special and in years to come I'll look back on the team from '17-20 and remember guys like Riewoldt and Cotchin. Hopefully the next generation of supporters have similar champions of the club to look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back