Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of pointless in the end though. His pitch was clearly looking at the long term future, not a one-off game in 2017.

Further to this, the move sounds like it was designed to ambush him - ie **** all preparation. He'll be better prepared if he trains over a whole summer for that exact role. Not to mention a year stronger and smarter. A fact lost on many Crows fans.

So you're going to turn him into a key position defender?

Ok, good luck.

Ok, good luck.
He's 195cm, same height as Rance. Even if he doesn't become a top shelf KPD I expect him to be at least competent in that role as a back up and certainly better at it than he was this year as a 21 yr old.

The truth is people are shooting the breeze with how good he could become. Half of SA went into meltdown when he officially said he wanted out so he obviously has the goods as a defender and at 195cm that gives him versatility.

Ok, good luck.

No, my Murray water drinking friend. What was being pointed out to you was that in the Essendon game, you played him out of position and gave no support. R&B was just pointing out this fact, not saying he will be fullback. But your board awaits you! With more like minded fellows to dribble at.

No, my Murray water drinking friend. What was being pointed out to you was that in the Essendon game, you played him out of position and gave no support. R&B was just pointing out this fact, not saying he will be fullback. But your board awaits you! With more like minded fellows to dribble at.

Think he disagrees with you in his post above yours.

Potato... Potatoe still does not change the fact that you played him out of position. He will not be a key position player, we already have those but he help us in giving you guys another touch up.

Think he disagrees with you in his post above yours.
Not really.

You see, we are hoping (calloquially speaking) that Leaver will be a 10 yr player for us. That's a long time. Top shelf KPDs don't happen over night but they have the makings. A lot of the Lever debate I read on here seems to be for the next 5 minutes.

The club will assumably play Lever to his strengths early on, but as he develops over the journey I would expect that he has to play a KPD role at stages. Whether that is due to injury or match ups who knows.

So whilst the initial intention may not be KPD it is inevitable that he will be called upon to do it down the track. We don't need him to be a Talia, we just need him to be competent. I think he'll be competent in that role with proper training and defensive structure.

Ok, good luck.
Bit of luck, in the years he is with us he becomes a Premiership Winning Player, not like his last club that thought they had it in the bag. If you don't rate him that highly ...... off and worry about your own team. You have now lost 2 defenders possibly a mid/forward from your "successful" season in 2017. Look forward to seeing the "runners up flag" flying over Adelaide stadium next year. You do get one don't you?

Bit of luck, in the years he is with us he becomes a Premiership Winning Player, not like his last club that thought they had it in the bag. If you don't rate him that highly ...... off and worry about your own team. You have now lost 2 defenders possibly a mid/forward from your "successful" season in 2017. Look forward to seeing the "runners up flag" flying over Adelaide stadium next year. You do get one don't you?

Think we got one for the AFLW premiership and another for the minor premiership.

Think we got one for the AFLW premiership and another for the minor premiership.
Not really equal to the one Richmond have though is it. Question, What do you call a group of pot plants? Answer. Adelaide Grand Final forward zone. We will worry about Lever, try and work on your pot plants. lol

This guy is going to ba a massive addition to our side. The way defence sets up these days he may not be required to play on the big key forwards initially. However he needs to improve that aspect and at his age he should.

Should be an upgrade on Vince down back. Straight away should improve our best 22

He definitely improves our best 22 and Vince is kicking - back flanker, Lever is third defender/intercept marker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asked if his decision was between Melbourne and Collingwood?

Response: Nah it was always Melbourne once I decided to come home
Well, proves he's easily smarter than Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back