Mod. Notice A couple of changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought for a while now with the closure of the 'New Jumpers for 2015' thread (which I felt should have had a natural demise) that there should be a 'General Jumpers Discussion of 2015' thread.
Leave the weekly jumpers threads for that specific round, but have a slightly more, for lack of a better word "of topic" thread where we can just discuss the jumpers of this year in a more open way.

For example, I'd like to talk further about the red Woodside box on the Freo jumper and how I like it, and how I like this years "Star" word logo on the Pies jumper and build a discussion on that.
As it is, there is no place I'm aware of to post it without derailing another thread.
Essentially the New Jumpers thread but with more general discussion as I thought that had merit to stay open although I know why it was closed.

I've thought for a while now with the closure of the 'New Jumpers for 2015' thread (which I felt should have had a natural demise) that there should be a 'General Jumpers Discussion of 2015' thread.
Leave the weekly jumpers threads for that specific round, but have a slightly more, for lack of a better word "of topic" thread where we can just discuss the jumpers of this year in a more open way.

For example, I'd like to talk further about the red Woodside box on the Freo jumper and how I like it, and how I like this years "Star" word logo on the Pies jumper and build a discussion on that.
As it is, there is no place I'm aware of to post it without derailing another thread.
Essentially the New Jumpers thread but with more general discussion as I thought that had merit to stay open although I know why it was closed.
I genuinely don't see why those examples couldn't be perfectly fitting in the weekly discussion. We just had a word about how great the long sleeved 2013 GWS clash was today in that thread and it felt totally appropriate.

I genuinely don't see why those examples couldn't be perfectly fitting in the weekly discussion. We just had a word about how great the long sleeved 2013 GWS clash was today in that thread and it felt totally appropriate.
It may be my lack of reading each weekly thread to not understand what may be considered off topic of that thread.

But, is there merit for a 'General Discussion of 2015 Jumpers' thread? My examples might not have been brilliant, but it gives one big thread for people to talk about the jumpers in, and one offs and I suppose leaves the weekly thread to more talk on just those match ups.

It may be my lack of reading each weekly thread to not understand what may be considered off topic of that thread.

But, is there merit for a 'General Discussion of 2015 Jumpers' thread? My examples might not have been brilliant, but it gives one big thread for people to talk about the jumpers in, and one offs and I suppose leaves the weekly thread to more talk on just those match ups.
I think that would be a needless seperation of topics when it all fits under the same umbrella.

I think that would be a needless seperation of topics when it all fits under the same umbrella.
No worries, I'll keep an eye to post in the weekly threads rather than read.

I totally see your point but it's the same sort of thing we went over when deciding whether to make it a weekly thread or a megathread for general discussion.
That's what I was gonna say.

If people wanted a more generic talk type thread, the superthread would have been voted for in larger numbers.

Wow! That's a really really good idea! Let me get back to you tomorrow, but I like it
In other words:
154744.jpg

:drunk:

While we're at it, may I also suggest a massive clean up of the Template thread? We should have a thread where all the best templates are easily accessible for posters without having to wade through 4+ years worth of dead links, dead images and outdated, no longer used templates.

Something like one post with links to all paint templates, all PS templates etc., then another for design pieces for Paint would work with it all linked back to the OP would be great.

Ya feel?

While we're at it, may I also suggest a massive clean up of the Template thread? We should have a thread where all the best templates are easily accessible for posters without having to wade through 4+ years worth of dead links, dead images and outdated, no longer used templates.

Something like one post with links to all paint templates, all PS templates etc., then another for design pieces for Paint would work with it all linked back to the OP would be great.

Ya feel?

I reckon Stewart2Austin has been working on a replacement for this for a little while.

Whats with the notation that having a crack at the mods is trendy?

To be fair, it's not an easy job modding and they are young guys with a life outside of the internet and I think they have really cleaned up the board.
I read a lot more than I post because I am terrible at designing and have more interest in passing judgement on designs and have an opinion on look rather than design.
It's a different approach one that Gibbsy does as well.

I think lets lay off the mods here a bit, and accept that there will be changes and give it 5 minutes to play out and see if it's successful.
Gibbsy already said the RMCT hasn't been closed for good, just until some posters smarten up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats with the notation that having a crack at the mods is trendy?

To be fair, it's not an easy job modding and they are young guys with a life outside of the internet and I think they have really cleaned up the board.
I read a lot more than I post because I am terrible at designing and have more interest in passing judgement on designs and have an opinion on look rather than design.
It's a different approach one that Gibbsy does as well.

I think lets lay off the mods here a bit, and accept that there will be changes and give it 5 minutes to play out and see if it's successful.
Gibbsy already said the RMCT hasn't been closed for good, just until some posters smarten up.
Put it this way. the posters that have kicked up a stink are the kind of cancer that ruins this board anyway.

I reckon Stewart2Austin has been working on a replacement for this for a little while.
Yeah. This is true. It'd be good if it wasn't locked this time though. Thanks Doc. "Everything in this thread's already in the stickies at the top of the board. Closed"

The other issue with the idea that someone has to be a regular designer to mod this forum is this:

This section is only 50% about people actually designing things.

In fact, i'd say the vast majority of people who click on this forum have no interest in getting hold of photoshop and knocking up a few guernseys. All they want to do is come and look for updates on stuff that is being released in the AFL. I know that's how I was initially drawn to the board 7 or 8 years ago.

While they aren't regular posters for the most part, they are an important part of this board remaining viable. This board takes in a lot more than just the designer regulars. How we present ourselves to those outsiders is important. If people see a clear and welcoming environment where they can talk about footy design, we might increase the amount of posting on that side of things, and eventually recruit a few more people who want to design as well.

Put it this way. the posters that have kicked up a stink are the kind of cancer that ruins this board anyway.
There are a few too many Gen Y attitudes in here, all me, me, me who have caused the issues in the past.
A few of them should grow up a touch and remember that for some of us this is a serious board to do some serious work.

You understand the balance of serious talk and occasional (when appropriate) s**t post and a few others could take a leaf out of your book.

I wouldn't want to see you and some others drift away too much, I don't see Cory here anymore which is a massive loss and lmach doesn't post much either.
Not to mention others I can remember in the past.

GG has been a mod here for as long as i've been on this forum, and hasn't posted regularly in years.

The Doc dropped off the radar more than 12 months ago.

I'm pretty sure GG is a mod of at least one other section, unsure about the Doc.

It probably makes sense to have people who actually check the board as moderators. These guys are obviously just left over.

GG has been a mod here for as long as i've been on this forum, and hasn't posted regularly in years.

The Doc dropped off the radar more than 12 months ago.

I'm pretty sure GG is a mod of at least one other section, unsure about the Doc.

It probably makes sense to have people who actually check the board as moderators. These guys are obviously just left over.
#scorchformod

GG is quite a regular bigfooty poster. I'm pretty sure he mods the NFL board.

He just almost never comes here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back