A-League transfer and rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of pace in that Roar side with FBK and Oar on the wings and Holman through the middle.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/mcdonald-why-i-want-a-league-move-463125

I would actually love to see him play down here, hoping CCM or Newcastle pick him up but imagine that he'll end up at WSW. Not sure how much money he'll be on but sounds like he is keen to prove himself.

He wasn't that keen to prove himself in the A-League a year ago when the Wanderers went hard at him... Sounds like a bloke who realises he doesn't have a lot of options left. Having spent a career mainly at middling clubs (aside from Celtic) I'm not sure that, at 33yo, he's certain to succeed in the A-League.

Very strange considering they didn't offer Broich a contract yet have taken FBK. Good luck to him, he'll get a good reception at AAMI Park regardless.

In fairness, Broich was their marquee. I doubt FBK would be on any more than $300k. Football wise though, it's a great move for him. They're the best team in which he'll get use, and he goes to a club where only being a 60 minute player doesn't hurt given the Aloisi's will use their subs on their attacking players regardless of FBK's fitness.

I hope he gets a good reception. The reactions that Barbarouses and Finkler got on Melbourne Cup eve were kind of gross in my opinion. The treatment Connor Pain got was even worse considering he wasn't getting opportunities with us.

Its a thing I hate in sport to be honest, particularly in Australia. The reception returning players get is foul.

Dangerfield cops it from us even though he gave us great service, Burgoyne when he comes home. Tom Mitchell will cop it, albeit softly, from Sydney fans.

He wasn't that keen to prove himself in the A-League a year ago when the Wanderers went hard at him... Sounds like a bloke who realises he doesn't have a lot of options left. Having spent a career mainly at middling clubs (aside from Celtic) I'm not sure that, at 33yo, he's certain to succeed in the A-League.

He wanted to come, Motherwell blocked the move after he'd agreed to personal terms.

Don't reckon he gets there this time although they do have cash to spend.

Good deal for them, hopefully Okon can continue to improve them.

Off field is a bigger problem IMO

Baro will be great for CCM, still one of the best centre halves in the league (imo) but more importantly brings a wealth of knowledge with him.

Really need to see Newcastle and CCM step up this season, the league can't continue on carrying 2 or 3 clubs every year.

The Mariners, a club with a few issues IMO.

Baro is a fantastic signing for them.

I'm still disappointed that we let him go. I understand that visa spots are at a premium, especially after we'd brought Williams in. I just feel like now he's with another A-League team he's going to constantly remind us of what we let go. He was fantastic in the second half of the season.

I think he could be better too. For the sake of Baro, the Mariners and the quality of the A-League, I hope they give him a chance to lock down a spot as a holding mid. He was never going to get that chance at Victory with Valeri playing that role, but he showed enough with his passing that I think he could be even better next season playing out of the number 6 role.

Barbarousos released by Wellington upon request

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true, wonder where Kosta is off to.

Dimi Petratos does get to the Jets after all.

Good signing. Meanwhile down at the Reds......... everyone is asleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back